PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PApiper63

Lurker
Apr 13, 2024
OK, I recently made a post that was entitled Your Own "Worst" Tobacco and lots of people replied, and I got some great answers.
Now I am interested in your best tobacco! If you found out that you were going to be stranded on a desert island for 10 years and could take an endless supply of only one tobacco what would you take?
Mine would probably be a Boswell's Military Force.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Carolina Red Flake w/Perique it just hits home for me. I know it's nothing fancy, the regular CRF isn't bad but not the same.

I have lots of McClellands and i just don't get the attraction i haven't tried them all but several years of the Xmas Cheer and Anni blends, some the others, same with Esoterica. Glad i a VA / VaPer smoker without complicated needs.

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
SG Cabbies Mixture/Roll Cut. It is essential to my continued well-being. Despite having over a pound in the cellar, I spooked myself last night and bought another 8 tins (the 250g bags are out of stock and discount on 5 tins ended, worryingly - it's running out aieeee run amok naked etc.)

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Yikes. Tough question. Too many "favorites." Maybe Semois? Aged Burley Flake? Wessex Burley Slices? Edgeworth? I could go on and on, but if it was only one, it'd likely be burley of some sort. Still find it the most satisfying. If, on the rare day, i don't have time for multiple bowls that'd be what i'm reaching for.

Reactions: upnorth1

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
1792 probably.

I base this on tins collected 'before" the last 5-8 years...I don't recall honestly.

I have heard varying reports that it is now less aromatic, presumably has less tonquin than was applied when I cellared most of my tins. I hope that's not true because I'd prefer not to ration what I have...

Reactions: Sobrbiker