PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row” Richmond Virginia USA
So heres a comparison between a Nuttens Mini Bing and Bing.
img_0347-jpeg.331674
IMG_0344.jpegIMG_0347.jpeg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
Thanks for showing that difference, Paul.
That grain is just beautiful. I have almost talked myself into getting one of these.
Thank you,
If you’re a Billiard fan I think you’d really dig one. B4 Bing Left & B3 Mini Right
The Bing really is a standard billiard size group 3-4 and the Mini a Group 2 size. They really aren’t as long in hand or appearance as you would think. Proportionally they look appropriate and not awkward but they are slender and the stems of course are a tad long but not anything crazy.1724371273725.jpeg

Choatecav

Can't Leave
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Thank you,
If you’re a Billiard fan I think you’d really dig one. B4 Bing Left & B3 Mini Right
The Bing really is a standard billiard size group 3-4 and the Mini a Group 2 size. They really aren’t as long in hand or appearance as you would think. Proportionally they look appropriate and not awkward but they are slender and the stems of course are a tad long but not anything crazy.View attachment 331703
Paul, would you mind taking just a moment to clarify your understanding of the differences in the rating that Bruno uses? Specifically, what differs between the B1, B2, etc?
thanks

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
Paul, would you mind taking just a moment to clarify your understanding of the differences in the rating that Bruno uses? Specifically, what differs between the B1, B2, etc?
thanks
In the Bings B 1-4 higher the number the better the grain in the smooths.
Same scale for the blasts although I haven’t seen a 3 or 4 in blast.
You can get a Cumberland stem however most are acrylic and the bands can be copper, silver or metal.
DPS,SPC,TPS,SPC EU and Nuttens have several variations of each currently.

Last edited:

Choatecav

Can't Leave
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
In the Bings B 1-4 higher the number the better the grain in the smooths.
Same scale for the blasts although I haven’t seen a 3 or 4 in blast.
You can get a Cumberland stem however most are acrylic and the bands can be copper, silver or metal.
DPS,SPC,TPS,SPC EU and Nuttens have several variations of each currently.

Thanks for the quick response and the link.
I'm glad I asked as I was thinking just the reverse.... That B1 would be best, etc.
He currently has a B4 in lighter color but there is a B3 that is darker that I think I like even better.....

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
Thanks for the quick response and the link.
I'm glad I asked as I was thinking just the reverse.... That B1 would be best, etc.
He currently has a B4 in lighter color but there is a B3 that is darker that I think I like even better.....
I’ve been finding a lot of B3’s that appear to be a B4 and vice versa.
So far for me it really depends on the pipe I’m looking at. I assume as the maker he has an eye that’s more keen than mine but that being said the 3’s tend to really shine.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
Well, I just pulled the trigger on this B3. I love that copper band look......

View attachment 331797
Gorgeous,
I think you will and hope you do love it. The draw is fantastic and as you can see the grain is just wonderful. Looks like a Cumberland ?
I was a little skeptical of the copper bands until I got one and loved it. He really does a good job of coordination.
Congratulations, Happy Smokes and Happy Friday !

Last edited:

Choatecav

Can't Leave
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Gorgeous,
I think you will and hope you do love it. The draw is fantastic and as you can see the grain is just wonderful. Looks like a Cumberland ?
I was a little skeptical of the copper bands until I got one and loved it. He really does a good job of coordination.
Congratulations, Happy Smokes and Happy Friday !
Paul, my pipe from Bruno arrived yesterday. He had been at a pipe conference in Copenhagen when order came in so it was a little bit before it went out. What a nice person he was to deal with.... Also, he kept me in constant update regarding the status of the shipment. Could not have asked for more.

Anyway, I had my maiden voyage smoke with it this morning and it is so light and well balanced and the experience was wonderful. Perfect draw, etc.

Here are a couple of picts.......

Big Kudos to you for turning me on to these fabulous pipes.

Bing by Bruno Nutten a.jpgBing by Bruno Nutten b.jpgBing by Bruno Nutten c.jpg

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
Wow Brother !

You got ahold of a spectacular Pipe and I’m extremely happy for you.

Bruno is a really cool guy to work with and the bonus is he gives a darn about his customers and the quality he puts out.

I’m thrilled your pleased with it and also getting a handmade stem on top of that grain 😱 is just a Win on all fronts.

You hit it out of the park!

I won’t recommend a pipe or tobacco to someone unless I really believe in it as it reflects back on me if it doesn’t play out.
I simply knew if you got one in your hands you’d be pleased with it.

Congratulations and many Happy Smokes !

Last edited: