PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2016
McClelland 2015, G.L.Pease Abingdon, J.F.Germain & Son Germain's Special Latakia Flake and McClelland Aurora.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Royal Yacht
Irish Flake
Old Joe Krantz
Nightcap
Burley Flake #1
Cotton Boll Twist
Prince Albert (from a pouch!)

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Macbarens London burley gone but I have 5 ponds. Mccraines red ribbon. Pease Westminster and dunhill mmm965. Shel

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
Some of the enjoyment I receive from the pipe smoking hobby is working my way through a number of blends; however, with that being said, the blend I seem to smoke, hands down, the most is MacBaren's Old Dark Fired... perhaps, only, because the scarcity of Esoterica makes Stonehaven more of a treat.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I'll second the McC 2015. It is the largest individual component of my cellar, I think I have near 10 lbs
Overweighting McC 2015 -- another great investment choice. I think your wife should let you buy that Bo Nordh.

Jan 8, 2013
I don't mention Black Frigate, only because I haven't been smoking it as long as these others, although I'm certain it will remain a staple in my rotation. As will quite a few others.
Lane BCA

Hearth & Home Black House

McClelland Balkan Blue (formerly Blue Mountain)

McClelland Navy Cavendish

Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream
Another that I think is very likely to become one of my enduring blends is Kramer's Blend for Cary Grant. It has become a blend I reach for very often.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Lemme see - I have been smoking both Peterson Old Dublin and McCranie's Murdock's Pipe for over 10 years. They are both always in my rotation. Sounds like they fit the bill.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So many. A few bright shining stars are Tabac-Manil Semois (thick and medium cut); C&D Old Joe Krantz and Billy Budd; and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. Which leaves out at least a dozen other favorites I enjoy as much.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I have so many jars open at a time because I’m an impatient child when I get new to me blends.
There are 2 though that I have to keep reordering.
1. MacB ODF

2. GLP Westminster
There are probably 10 other blends I rotate through (Penzance would make this list if it wasn’t unobtainable) but those 2 are the ones I smoke regularly and ODF seems to be the only one I smoke in the humid GA summers.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Good question. I had to think it over for a bit and as much as I would like to lie and mention my current favorites, it took a long journey to get me to those favorites but I’ve smoked a hell of a lot of blends a long the way. The only ones that I still smoke that I was smoking in my early years are:
Haddo’s Delight

Blue Note

Escudo

Balkan Sasieni

I still enjoy those above very much, however, they are not necessarily daily smokes but I more or less go on binges from time to time with one or more of them.
My newer blends that will be with me along my way include:
Condor Plug

St. Bruno

Kendal Cream

Erinmore Flake

Exotique

McConnell’s Latakia Flake

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
I always go back to Dunhill's EMP, vintage or not.
Instead of considering EMP "enduring", I may also say that perhaps I am just boring. But throughout the years, different companies helped Dunhill to produce matching blends of more or less similar quality and characteristics for the EMP.
And when I have to reach out for some aromatic, very occasionally, Stanwell Melange has to be in my cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.