PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Aside from the fact I can't get over the taste of Captain Cool I've sucked up a few pieces of tobacco.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
My first foray into Peterson Irish flake was in a particularly large Randy Wiley Unique. I had been puffing on this for about 30 minutes on the way to a Mexican restaurant, and the nicotine overdose snuck up on me about midway through the meal. I am sure everyone knows the results. My companion said she had never seen someone actually turn green before.

It was almost as bad as a bout with a Gurkha Assassin cigar. It deserves that appellation, btw.

The only thing close to it was slurping up some unexpected tobacco juice from a particularly wet smoke while driving. Blecch.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Actually, a fart might be preferable to the aroma from some of the failed experiments from my blending lab.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not to dwell on the disgusting part, but just a piece of advice. Don't combine pipe smoking with

getting through a seriously productive chest cold. Just put the pipes in the rack, and focus on

liquids, anti-inflammatories, and if your doctor prescribes, antibiotics. One thing at a time.

Jun 14, 2013
Mine involves an incident at Caesar's Forum Shops when I lived in Las Vegas about 12 years ago. There used to be a Dunhill shops among the stores and I picked up a nice Romeo y Julieta Dunhill Selección Suprema No. 620, lit up and began walking down to the end where the "Baccus" show is. I was about 4-5 minutes into it and had just reached the end to watch the show which was starting in 6 minutes. Immediately, this woman and the two girls that were with her (about 12-13 yo) started making real exaggerated coughing and choking noises. I told her to move if they were so distressed by it, but she felt that she should not have to give up her "prime viewing" spot.
About three minutes after the show started, she pulls out a water bottle and dumps it on the cigar when I held it by my side; security officers got involved and the woman was taken aside and missed the rest of the show anyway but I had to eat the cost of the cigar.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
So far nothing worse than a little ash while relighting the last little bit at the end of an joyable smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.