PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
Like many pipers here, my first smoke wasn't pleasant. Got my self a cheap Bjarne Viking and a pouch of Cap Black Gold as I recall. Bit the living hell out of my, the flavour wasn't enjoyable. Fortunately I was able to redeem pipe smoking with a tin of Dunhill EMP afterwards.

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
Well, my first smoke was Captain Black Cherry in a Falcon Extra with apple bowl that belonged to my father.. But my REAL first smoke, that I liked and never looked back, was Dunhill My Mixture 965

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Circa,1966. Middleton Cherry blend or Sugar Barrel. Talk about tongue bite, whoa. I really thoughtthat went with it.
Jabo you nailed it. I was doing it all on my own, no instructions, I do not remember now why I stuck with it. Two years later I worked for an old gentleman who served as a good example, I now believe just observing him taught me more than I was aware of at the time.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
My first smoke was something Captain Black like in a Cob. I pretty much ignited my tongue and incinerated the cob. I'm a little better at cadence now.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
No one ever tells you not to smoke it like a cigarette... Or even a cigar. So we all set our tongues on fire.
Kind of make me wonder why we persevered.

flyboy82

Lurker
Sep 25, 2016
I think my first smoke was Cherry Cavendish from JR Cigar. or was it Amaretto. Anyway, it was one of the two. Main thing I remember was all the re-lights I had to do.

andvary

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2016
No one ever tells you not to smoke it like a cigarette... Or even a cigar. So we all set our tongues on fire.
Actually I did a lot of reading prior to lighting my first pipe and I only managed to damage one pipe. My cadence still sucks though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.