PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenw

Might Stick Around
Nov 14, 2014
WV
I have 3 pipes that I almost always reach for and all 3 are Missouri Meerschaum hardwood Country Gentleman pipes. They each show differing amounts of abuse, but they all smoke well every time.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
This Brigham Algonquin.
20150802_100511-600x337.jpg

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
Favorite or situational? Slumming around the house I'll range from the humble cob to my meers. Camping/hunting I'll take some of my (rather extensive collection of) falcons.
I guess all my pipes are good friends.
And to the original post, I solute you sir on the Royal Yacht, golf tee tamper and diamond matches :worship:

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I have two favorites... The first is my true go to, it's a no name basket pipe that was my first pipe I ever bought about 23 years ago, nothing fancy but I lucked out and is an exceptional smoker. The second is an Aldo Velani which was the first pipe my wife bought me back when we were first dating, as some of you know I don't coddle my pipes, but if I came close to, this would be the pipe as it has some fond memories for me.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/captainprophesy/album/picture/5859
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/captainprophesy/album/picture/5846

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
I have a Peterson system 314 that is around twenty-five years old and it has given me excellent service down the years. It still smokes well and, together with my Falcons, it makes part of a great team. Many other pipes clamour for first place, including some great Northern Briars, but for a regular day in/day out smoking regime, the Falcon would have to be the one.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@Captain- The bad rap baskets get is far worse than the actual experiences I've had with them. I have a couple of baskets that smoke great and I wouldn't want to part with them.

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
very well worn, but smokes like magic!
That's the pipe,the old friend , it looks soft almost leathery. My Pop (Grandfather) had pipes such as this in his rack when I was growing up. His den filled with treasures he collected on his travels and always had the aroma of his tobaccos in the room.
Beautiful pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another old favorite of mine to add on to my earlier post is a Jerry Perry pipe carved out of Mountain Laurel, a large bowl pot/poker, that I bought directly from the carver at the Village of Yesteryear at the N.C. State Fair in 2002. It's faintly asymmetrical, just faintly out of the round and kind of paneled but subtly. It has some good muted grain and a slightly bent light tan acrylic stem. It's the pipe in which I smoked my first bowl of Nightcap. I remember I lit it up outdoors on the Fairgrounds right away, with no hassle. I've bought five or six more pipes from Jerry over the years, all excellent smokers and distinctive originals, two or three other Mountain Laurel and the others briar.

smoothsailing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2013
Perth N.Y. (Adirondack area )
mso489-
Jerry Perry pipe , I have seen a few examples of his work(hard to find) it's a shame he isn't online or not his quality and attention to detail is probably far greater then those who spit out a pipe every other day. If I ever find myself in the N.C. area at the right time I will definitely stop by and see his work first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.