Your Favorite Dirty Sock Flavored Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
We've been through all the main flavors. I'm going with Royal Yuck on this one.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
Let's stir this pot some more and add Black Frigate to the list.

sebdhaese

Lurker
Mar 4, 2017
Belgium
I started the "Your favorite ________ tobacco?" topics
I posted the cherry, vanilla and chocolate one. I'm new to pipe smoking and I wanted to get some peoples thoughts about certain flavors, as I am looking for new tobaccos to try. Sorry for the sudden pop up of these topics.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
Whenever I light up some Westminister my wife will start accusing people of having stinky feet. There are probably many more dirty sock blends out there that just haven't been discovered yet.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Royal Yacht is a supreme blend among excellent blends. If it tastes like dirty socks, I may have to try smoking one. Cotton or polyester?

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Black Frigate!! Oh hell no! If anything it has a creosote like odor. But tastes delicious. But just for kicks, I just bought some C&D Seersucker that pretty well fits the bill for dirty socks tin note, but is a pretty good smoke. And oh yeah, just leave Royal Yacht alone too! (did I mention I've been drinking some rum?)

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Some Royal Yacht mixed with Black Frigate. mmmMMMmmm! :puffy:
Dirty socks, creosote and granny pants!
Oh, the memories of happier times! :mrgreen:

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
I started the "Your favorite ________ tobacco?" topics
I posted the cherry, vanilla and chocolate one. I'm new to pipe smoking and I wanted to get some peoples thoughts about certain flavors, as I am looking for new tobaccos to try. Sorry for the sudden pop up of these topics.
This is intended in good fun. Please don't be offended or feel this is/was an attack on you. It wasn't meant in that manner, and I hope you stick around and learn from everyone here.

sebdhaese

Lurker
Mar 4, 2017
Belgium
This is intended in good fun. Please don't be offended or feel this is/was an attack on you. It wasn't meant in that manner, and I hope you stick around and learn from everyone here.
I'm not offended. I'm just clearing up where all those topics suddenly came from.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Royal Yacht is a supreme blend among excellent blends. If it tastes like dirty socks, I may have to try smoking one. Cotton or polyester?
I found a "onesy" sock in the dryer the other day (pretty sure it was cotton) - I'll trade it to you for 2 ounces of Stonehaven....

Mar 1, 2014
Maybe I have different foot sweat than everyone else but I've never smelled a tobacco that smells like dirty socks.
Moldy hay, road kill, dirt, these things are familiar and don't smell too bad, but "dirty socks" is something I've never encountered and don't wish to.
Maybe my qualification for dirty socks is just a little too advanced, are we talking about socks that just stand up? Or socks that stand and walk on their own?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The worst kind of dirty sock tobacco comes from blending black socks with navy blue socks. My apologies if I offended the sock culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.