Your Favorite Brand of Pipes for a Quality Smoke????

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Missouri Meerchasum. Might not be elegant, but can always be counted on to provide a great quality smoke. I have 4 briars and 20+ cobs!!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I have a 40-plus-year-old "Royal" basket Dublin made in England, probably by Charatan. I would not take anything for the way that pipe smokes. It is just spot on every time out.
I also have a couple of Bill Ashton-Taylor made Ashtons that are top-drawer smokers.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Stanwells. Consistently excellent in my experience and a sufficiently wide range of models to accommodate a full variety of blends and tobacco forms. Also love my cobs.
Andy

Jan 8, 2013
Im way too lazy to read all the replies, but I am gonna throw Missouri Meerschaum out there, surely again, for a top quality smoke at a dirt cheap price.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My favorite pipe maker is Rad Davis. When it comes to the smoking properties I get from his pipes, I have never smoked anything better even at double or triple the price. In my years of pipe smoking I generally never had more than 6-8 pipes from any one maker or factory, I currently own 18 pipes from Rad with no end in site.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Strangely, my Nording black dress large Dublin seems to deliver a great smoke that never quite. I can only attribute this to the extra large chamber, and the Dublin nature of the chamber itself.

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
one post above mentions- boswell -

i have 2 of their rhodesians & an apple - both rhodesians gave great flavour on first bowlful. the apple on about the third - no breakin period was needed - very ! open draws. another rhodesian on order enroute & a personal order rhodesian on order to be made some time.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I'm a fan of Savinelli pipes as I have 4, and I enjoy all of my other pipes but the brand I think offers the best smoking experience time after time is Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cobs. I have 8 cobs and they are all great smokers and for the price they can't be beat. I guess that makes them my favorite pipe for quality smoke. :puffy:

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
I have have a freehand Tim West that can do no wrong. Easy to pack draws beautifully and looks great.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Mark Tinsky, all day long. Got my fourth one in the mail right now. For the quality you receive at the price he charges, there are few that can rival a Tinsky, "pound for pound", so to speak. Rinaldo also gets an honorable mention. I freaking love their pipes. Both pipe makers' briars are incredibly consistent smokers, which IMO, is the single most important aspect of a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.