You Know You've Been on the Forum for Too Long When...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sam Gamgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2022
DFW, Texas
I purposefully don't spend a lot of time on this forum because I want to keep it interesting. It's more fun for me to mostly check in on weekends. Even without spending days on end here it's easy to tell what certain members are going to say on certain topics. The contrarians were easy to pick out from day one because they just take the opposite view of whatever is presented in a thread. Two come to mind in particular. I'm sure seeing my avatar causes a sigh of weariness for at least a few. It can't be helped in life.

Someone mentioned screaming at the screen and telling folk to use the search feature. I get it, and I see that attitude a lot on forums. But new threads help people get acquainted with one another, etc. If all anyone ever does is search, there would be no new discussions. What would the contrarians do then?!
nnnn

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I purposefully don't spend a lot of time on this forum because I want to keep it interesting. It's more fun for me to mostly check in on weekends. Even without spending days on end here it's easy to tell what certain members are going to say on certain topics. The contrarians were easy to pick out from day one because they just take the opposite view of whatever is presented in a thread. Two come to mind in particular. I'm sure seeing my avatar causes a sigh of weariness for at least a few. It can't be helped in life.

Someone mentioned screaming at the screen and telling folk to use the search feature. I get it, and I see that attitude a lot on forums. But new threads help people get acquainted with one another, etc. If all anyone ever does is search, there would be no new discussions. What would the contrarians do then?!
nnnn
Nuh-uh.

H

HRPufnstuf

When you find yourself doing riffs you've done on Forums in personal conversations, and you can't remember if you''ve posted a particular bowl of blend here on What Are You Smoking ... or not.

When you realize you have rewritten your advice to new smokers 482 times.

When your references to fellow members often begin with "the late great...."

When you feel a a little too pleased when you rack up a few "likes."

When you have to restrain yourself from offering advice on subjects you know zero about.

When you feverishly consult your Rand McNally road atlas to find out where a new member from Bear Paw, Oklahoma exactly lives.

When you are still composing posts in your head when the thread disappeared four months ago.

When family members refer to other members here as "your imaginary friends."

And so on.
Carol, it sounds as if someone attempted a forum intervention on you.
Fight the power.

H

HRPufnstuf

nnnn
Leave? One can only hope.