PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
My dad used to have a wheelbarrow on which the label had a warning that said “Not for highway use”

They’re out there, man. They walk among us every day ?
I want that story. How did that happen. What does that even mean? My theory is it's a raisin cake warning. Raisin cakes where partially fermented pressed grapes that during prohibition had a warning not to add water and store under specific conditions as it would turn into wine. Did the image have extra wheels on the feet(?) and a rocket on each handle?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I want that story. How did that happen. What does that even mean? My theory is it's a raisin cake warning. Raisin cakes where partially fermented pressed grapes that during prohibition had a warning not to add water and store under specific conditions as it would turn into wine. Did the image have extra wheels on the feet(?) and a rocket on each handle?
Haha, I had the same thought. My guess would be some idiot tried to tow one behind a car with a load in it. I also desperately want to hear the story of how/why this label became necessary on a boat I saw in Whittier....

shit bucket.JPEG

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
I wanted it too.
Appears there are a few different stories:

Some people were trying to use wheelbarrow wheels as spares on their motor vehicles.

Of course there are a few news stories about peoplle in small cars dragging them while sitting in the trunk...

And on youtube, there seem to be a community of people putting small engines on them...

Incredible.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
I wanted it too.
Appears there are a few different stories:

Some people were trying to use wheelbarrow wheels as spares on their motor vehicles.

Of course there are a few news stories about peoplle in small cars dragging them while sitting in the trunk...

And on youtube, there seem to be a community of people putting small engines on them...

Incredible.
they saw that video and where like we better cya cover your ares

I only have 2 on my ignore list and one of them left the family (or got voted off the island, not sure).

As I get older the tolerance for stupid gets lower and lower. Based on my experience, the VAST majority of pipe smokers are intelligent, contemplative, contributing members of society.

Or grouchy old farts that have earned the right to be such... puffy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Wait...what's going on here.....Why can't I read the post from the OP?

J/k... I think you're a pretty swell guy, too!

Block away, life's too short to smoke bad tobacco and read posts from morons.
that's got nothing to do with the internet or this website. It's because you're one of the worlds few illiterate people who can write articulately.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
That's pretty funny... I didn't even know there was an Ignore button till I read this thread. lol
it's great. Once you realize it's not a punishment or even rude, but a tool to allow you to enjoy a forum without people that mentally stink it up for you. The funny part is I still read a lot of their posts but having to actually click on the button to see blocked info some how is more tolerable. It's like the difference between the taste of medicine and eating a bowl of soup that tastes like medicine. :)
The truth is like most people here I don't agree with everyone here on everything. But it's not a bother. But some people it happens and I find it hard not to shout back. I don't want to do that. It's never because I disagree but I just feel their (I feel is a key to understanding what I am trying to say) explanation is so stupid, puerile, or fundamentally blind. Confession I have argued with people I agree with over how dumb their reasons are for feeling the same way. :)
But the thing that amazed me is how rare that is. That's what's really amazing.