Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
:) still, I did not write the review. I don't care for FVF, so hoard away gentlemen (though hoarding does not seem behavior befitting a gentleman, says me).

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Well ... there is some truth to what he is saying, but what's the review's conclusion, what's his point? Is virginia flake a good or a bad tobacco ? :crazy:

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
It is an editorial written for MAD magazine. He does make some points. If it were a review of Stonehaven, I would understand it better.
Pax

kodos44

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2012
As some of you obviously know by now, I am an extreme Patriot. I bleed red, white and blue because only bleeding only red would make me a commie. I only drive "American-made" cars like Chevy and Ford; everyone who says that they import their parts from countries with cheap labor must be a lying commie. I mean, why would the huge corporations choose to do something like that when they could hire American workers, forgoing personal gain and wealth for the greater-good of the community...
That aside, I'm sure glad to show off my patriotism as much as possible, which is why I smoke Patriot flake. It's made by the good ol' American company Dan tobacco. I keep on hearing people say that Dan tobacco is German, but that can't be right. The name Dan is as American as you can get, it's not called Volkswagen tobacco, it's good ol American DAN! Jeez people, get your facts straight. Plus, the tin art is covered with American pride. Just look at the poor laborer, now solider, being sent out to die for the gains of the rich and wealthy arguing whether a black man should be considered a 3/5 of a person or not a person at all...it must be American. Duh!
Anyway, that's why I smoke it. It taste like nasty German horse manure, but hey, it's American dammit. Land of freedom...
Side note- This stuff is actually pretty damn good. I've cellared many tins in hopes that it ages well. If not, then I'll just throw it away. That's how we do up in the USA.
That's his review of Dan Tobacco Patriot Flake. :rofl:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I think this guy was pounding around here a couple of weeks ago. I remember a thread about some members here ganging up and buying tobacco from a certain consignment outfit. Said Fruitcake was complaining in the same vain as Mawnansmiff has posted above.

fatbob

Lurker
Jun 30, 2016
After perusing more than 500 variations on the opinions of FVF, I welcomed the respite. I particularly appreciate his Penzance review.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I googled his ID and found some half-dozen reviews, none of them as strong as his FVF review.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Actually, that review of Patriot Flake is not a badly written piece of satire. Not great, but not bad either. I looked up and read his other reviews. The guy has a certain flair.
Mike

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
deniz ... he knows perfectly well that Dan is a German company. It's a satire based on the name of the blend and of the kind of American who might think a little like that. Satire sometimes works by exaggeration.
Mike

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I think this guy was pounding around here a couple of weeks ago. I remember a thread about some members here ganging up and buying tobacco from a certain consignment outfit."
Perdurabo, I think you could well be right.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.