PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I’m always on the lookout for the early KBB pipes, whether Drinkless Kaywoodies with push tenons, Dinwoodie, Reiss Premier and Dorset and so on.

Ive never yet had a Yello Bole though. While they were certainly more of a bargain bin pipe later, the earlier designations can be quite nice.
I scored one such on eBay a couple nights ago. While I’m waiting on USPS...
Does anyone have any nicer 30s - 40s era Yello Boles? Postem up!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nothing vintage. I did buy a current Yell-Bole a few years ago, a Checker series straight panel billiard/pot, sort of midway. It's push bit with no filter, and so far has been durable and good smoking. You don't see new ones available in good selection many places. I like the U.S. factory pipes, though they've dropped in the pipe hierarchy. Kaywoodie was a step above Dunhill at one point in the 1950's. I still think many U.S. factory pipes are above their price point and a good buy even when they land in the basket.

Reactions: BROBS and whsergent

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
This is my one and only. Not sure of the exact date but I assume it's 40's-ish with the bakelite stem. Sweet birds eye all over.
20191207_223858.jpg

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Nice one Rush. Mine has the yellow amber looking stem. Not sure if it’s an acrylic or a type of Bakelite. We’ll see when it arrives.
It’s got a great blast on it, reminiscent of any Thorn model I’ve seen.

Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.