Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
9463B9E6-AEF8-4EFA-95B9-982B25A30BD0-33387-000038B118EC7A19.jpg
Long Smoke. The old cajun

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Is this the same Sasieni that makes the Ruff-Root?
It's a looker, for sure.

sergemoat

Can't Leave
Oct 15, 2011
Thats a good looking pipe! I'm partial to bulldogs/rhodesians and the one on the side caught my eye. What kind is it?

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Roth I retorted it with a light reaming before, long shank was dirty, but not ungodly dirty, cleaned it up and 2 bowls of Carter Hall thru it, it will be a Fablous smoker, thank you. The old Cajun, by the way I have a 4 dot on the side Sasieni which is sought after but the best one I have is a 2 dot on the side smooth bent, smokes anything thrown at it, never gets hot. The old cajun

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Why, Bradley, didn't Sasieni dot the majority of their Canadians - if they ever dotted any at all? (Come to think of it, I've never seen a Canadian Sasieni with any blue dots.)
BTW, that's a beautiful burner, my friend.
Fnord

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere, too, Roth. But, Good God, what a second!
I understand about that burner talking to you, Bradley. That pipe screams at me.
Is the bowl canted forward a skosh? Kind of like a Dublin/Zulu or whatever the hell they call them these days?
Maybe it's just the way you're holding it?
Or, is it because that black beauty is a hybrid Churchwarden?

cezario

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
So what ? The pipe price ! A Sasieni with Dots ( Family Era) , in good conditions, costs around $300/$400. That pipe is not a Sasieni Dovercourt XL and has a silver ring without english government marks. Therefore, it is ,probably a after market addendun . But , $165 is a correct price for a Family Era Sasieni in good conditions first or "second" line. The old Sasienis are outstanding smokers with or without Dots. Congratulations, Brad .

Status
Not open for further replies.