PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colt

Lurker
Jul 13, 2018
I recently acquired a WWI Over The Top Store Counter Advertising Display featuring a AEF Doughboy. The display is in great condition for being over 100 years old, but it is missing the correct pipe. A WWI Kaufmann Bros. & Bondy with a Wind Guard. If anyone can help me locate one to correctly complete the display it would be greatly appreciated.

colt

Lurker
Jul 13, 2018
Is this the type of response I can except from this site? I am looking to complete a piece of WWI history and I get a he above. Keep it classy. Semper Fi!

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I wouldn’t even consider a request to buy, only help as where to look for an oddity. Keep up the search!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Balkisobrains doesn’t represent this site. And don’t be so quick to conflate one ill-advised response with the entire forum, either.
Ask away, hopefully someone can help you.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Sounds like an interesting quest for a rare pipe...Welcome to the forum....(and I thought it best to delete the earlier post- while we don't allow WTB posts, that one wasn't phrased in that way)

colt

Lurker
Jul 13, 2018
WOW those are really classy and professional responses. Thanks to all of your positive replies and feedback. I am an avid collector of Span-Am, WWI, and WWII USMC items. My family has an long history with Marine Corps with my great uncle, myself, and my two sons. So its important to me to find key pieces to build upon my collection and keep history alive. I will continue to look for Kaufmann Bros & Bondy Over The Top pipe that was used in the trenches during WWI.
Semper Fi!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Try 'Regimentals' in London. I believe they are near Islington. You might also try the WW1 re-enactor forums. I have occasionally lent out bits of WW1 kit to people who wanted to get them copied. The only equivalent to what you are looking for in the UK are the Princess Mary Xmas 1914 brass boxes that had tobacco, cigarettes and sometimes a small wooden pipe. Post a picture of this pipe as you may be surprised as to what surfaces around here!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Okay, it's a KB&B. I couldn't figure out what a Kaufmann was. Pictures would help. I'm assuming it was some sort of military mount pipe. Two sites I can recommend to you to get some background on the company would be the Pipedia page for KB&B:
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Kaufman_Brothers_%26_Bondy
You could try contacting Scott Thiele, the administrator on Pipedia and ask if he can put you in contact with any KB&B collectors
and pipephil:
http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/logo-kbb.html
You can look to see if anything looks similar, even if it's named differently. Basically you're just going to have to watch the KB&B and Kaywoodie listings on eBay.
There's also a Kaywoodie forum where you might have some luck:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/kaywoodie/
Kaywoodie was created by KB&B

colt

Lurker
Jul 13, 2018
GREAT leads. I am in the process of touching base with all of them plus I have reached out to members of the US Militaria Forum. Got to the "hunting" part of collecting. Thanks again for all of your help.

colt

Lurker
Jul 13, 2018
Update on KB&B WWI era pipe. Just acquired a KB&B briar hexagon single carburetor. Kind of looks like the Doc Watson. It looks a lot better than the corn cobb that came with the display piece. In the process I learned a lot about the history of the company. Thanks again for all of your input. Good hunting!

colt

Lurker
Jul 13, 2018
gxvdawisqpgcsi

rzbfzsgva76j6a

Status
Not open for further replies.