PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
The guys that made the T Rex pipe had a very nice display at the last WCPS. I'm not sure how they are able to produce pipes the way they do but with enough carvers it may not be that difficult.

Maybe it's not terribly difficult when you have true artistic talent but when you have zero artistic talent, like me, all of these things seem so amazing. I don't know if they do everything freehand, work with some sort of template, or something else but they seem to avoid unevenness/lopsidedness and a lot of other things that makes their work look a step above with a high level of detail.

They have a Halloween pumpkin skull that is on my list but it is a little pricey.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
il_570xN.1972761420_jk84.jpg

This is his "plain" Smaug. The guy is a genius

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
I prefer the "plain Smaug" as a pipe.

For those interested in Tolkienesque pipes, has anyone seen Arcangelo Ambrosi's carved pipes on Instagram? I'm not usually big on novelty pipes (which are very interesting creatively!), but Arcangelo has an eye for both beauty and functionality, it seems.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Smaug for me as i really enjoy J.R.R. Tolkien. Very nice looking pipe. To be fair I probably would never buy either because I enjoy beauty and function together. May be beautiful but I would hesitate to smoke it regularly and enjoy it. That would be a waste of a good pipe.