PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
Three hand made pipes here. I received a commission a couple of months ago. This pipe exists nowhere else and was made the way I wanted. Price wise it was comparable to a decent off the shelf Savinelli or Chacom. The pipe maker has a regular youtube live chat, which helps build some report and a sense of community in a dying industry. Thats worth paying for IMO.

nolan613

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 21, 2019
Augusta, GA
I want excellent smokers. Cost not an issue. Custom branded or not? Not a concern. Of course expensive, one off pipes don't get to go fishing, chainsawing, tractoring or, most any of the truly enjoyable activities/drudgery I do. They get left home, sitting with others in various ashtrays around the house.
Have to agree, if it doesn't smoke well for me then it will just be a pretty decoration...

dog_park_piper

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2021
The Woodlands, TX
This is good stuff.

I have been thinking about where to put my money. Someone can fill the pipe rack (with good or bad smokers) or sell all but a solid 3-day rotation of great pipes.

The sweet spot very well may be more than 3 great pipes. For the sake of the thought experiment, it was necessary to push the variables a little.

The consensus seems to be that if I have quality briar sitting cold on the rack, then I don't need another pipe.