PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
You could always order one of each. Maybe a little more but it would be pretty cool to have both. Plus as rothnh said it would be cool to have it original.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
By all means, get it fixed. I don't know about sending it to Ireland to have it restemmed, but Howard at Starfire Pipe Works did a wonderful job of replacing a P-lip stem on an older System for me. Granted, it is a new style stem with the "fat" lip instead of the "skinny" lipped-ones ( this is a 70's System ).
Schulte is still in business but he was fairly backed up when I called him at the beginning of the summer.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
my answer would be HELL yeah get it repaired. i happen to like the wear on it and would only say get a new stem. i like the character in a pipe that has been loved

Aug 1, 2012
USA
The stamping has mostly worn off of the pipe. All I can make out is Shamrock and A Peterson Product. The date part of the hallmark is worn off as well but I do know it's around or after '41 most likely post '67

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I would keep it a p-lip, everyone should try out one of these pipes, they direct the smoke around the roof of your mouth so that bite from tobacco hurts less, since it is distributed better and away from the tongue. It also directs the smoke a very differint way than fishtails do, so that if your suffering from burns from a fishtail, you can still comfortably smoke a p-lip and let that other area heal. The only really big negative about p-lips is that they are terrible for clenching without a pipe softy because they are very round. I would use one anyway just to protect the stem, I have tons of corn cobs for naked clenching.

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Can't wait to see the after pics of this pipe..... try to keep the piranhas away from it after it's done :wink:

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Definitely worth repairing, you'll be happy that you did. Especially since it's a Peterson

Status
Not open for further replies.