PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
Technically it's World No Tobacco Day. But that's a small technicality.

Maybe SP will have some great sales.🤞

It's a Friday this year so I know I will be packing extra bowls that day. I'm thinking it's English Day so Piccadilly in the morning followed by some Red Rapparee and WCC Blue Ridge. I'll throw in some Northwoods/Railroad Station. At that point maybe Squadron Leader and then some Quiet Nights watching the sun go down.

What's your plan for that day?

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
World No Tobacco Day is brought to you by the caring healthcare workers of World Health Organization (WHO),
which is definitely not an organization that uses "health" as a guise for its stated goal:
"creating economic well-being of citizens in all countries."

Each year has a different theme, which WHO states:
"emphasizes the idea of truth and provides an official interpretation of tobacco-related research."

2017 ~ "A threat to (economic) development"
2018 ~ "Tobacco breaks hearts"
2019 ~ "Make Every Day World No Tobacco Day"
2020 ~ "Tobacco Exposed: The secret's out"
2021 ~ "Commit to quit"
2022 ~ "Tobacco: Threat to our environment"
2023 ~ "Grow food, not tobacco"
2024 ~ "Protecting children from tobacco industry interference"

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
It's also Clint Eastwood's 94th birthday. Dual purpose celebration!

As for what I'll have, not sure yet. Lately I've really been enjoying Savinelli 140th, OGS and MacB Burley London Blend. Might be one of those, might be something else entirely. But it will be something--I never let a World No Tobacco Day go by without...errr...celebrating. puffy

Yambo

Might Stick Around
Jan 11, 2023
Spain

As for what I'll have, not sure yet. Lately I've really been enjoying Savinelli 140th, OGS and MacB Burley London Blend. Might be one of those, might be something else entirely. But it will be something--I never let a World No Tobacco Day go by without...errr...celebrating. puffy
I was going to say that it is my birthday! I dind't know about World No Tobacco Day nor Clint Eastwood's birthday, but now I've got a reason to smoke a pipe or two to his good health. Maybe I'll drink some Rioja to his health too. He's 94, so better safe than sorry.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Technically it's World No Tobacco Day. But that's a small technicality.

What's your plan for that day?
Lunch with some mates at the club, followed by an afternoon of cigars and rums on the terrace
As it is an outdoors event and there will be a quite a few attendees, cigars may be more practical than pipes
I’ll post pics if I’m sober enough to remember to take a few 😁

LongIslandPiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 8, 2022

Oh damn now In honor of Dirty Harry a cigar and pipe are required to honor the day !!

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Oh yeah! That is coming up. Ok then. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to my local cigar store with lounge. Let's see how much tobacco I can use at one time. I'll have to bring in a tin of McCrystals and a pouch of Levi Garrett. But I should be able to pick up a house stick, bum a cigarette, and load up a new cob with a rebranded Lane aromatic all at the same time.