PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
I am expecting these in todays mail so I will put up some better pics later but I just wanted to share
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoking-Pipe-Estate-Lot-of-12-Kaywoodie-Liberty-Bell-Petersons-Carey-/131020847263?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=KqnkTKk0dI%252FjLP%252BD8qsO7XnOEW0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
I may have over paid a little but I really wanted the claw meer and the crazy freehand. I will probably be selling most of the others off.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats - looks like you hit the jackpot with those and I don't think you overpaid either.

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
The liberty bell is one that will be sold as I already have one but the rest are still up in the air. According to Bill Furbach over at kaywoodie they only made about 500 of them.

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co

The first photo is what I am for sure keeping the second is what I'm considering selling to recoup some of the cost.
Starting from the top left is the kaywoodie liberty bell, according to Bill over at kaywoodie about 500 of these were made. I already have one so I dont need this one. is a K&P Peterson 312 third is a pioneer block meerschaum and fourth is an Isrealy dial lite I have the original stem but it is a bit mussed up, could be repaired if you are handy with that sort of thing the stem on it now is just me goofing off.
On the right the top is a Lorenzo Matera and the stem looks like a wolverines chew toy. The next 2 are carey magic inch patent pipes and the bottom is a berwyck 8. There have already been folks asking after the pete the 81 and the bell.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Life:
I've bought a boatload of estates and the one thing I can take to the bank is that the best burners are the ones that have saliva stained and chewed up stems.
All that gunk is there, or not there, for a semi-nasty but damned good reason. It was a good smoker.
If you're on a budget, and looking for some quality burners, find one that's heavily caked with chew marks. When that happens, Bob's your uncle.
Your new meer is stunning and that wonderful thumb hole freehand is a beaut. Please let us know how they both smoke, okay?
At the same time, please don't overlook the bastard stepchild in this grouping. I've got a DG Berwyck club pipe that smokes rings around several of my more expensive gets. Yours might, too.
Fnord

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
Fnord I am with you on the gunked up smoked until its almost caked closed pipes. They usually turn out fantastic. The reason the Dr. G is going is because I already have several 81s and several berwycks as well.
Ragu I have someone that spoke up before you via pm on the pete but the Meer is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.