PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I was warned by several members that Pipes that were old, 1913 certainly qualifies, can have catastrophic events. Some have been known to crack and others totally split. It’s been killing me as to what to do and I made up my mind this week would be its maiden smoke.
Humidity has been very high all week so I removed it from its case so it would hopefully soak some up. I chose some 2011 Esoterica Dorchester with a slightly moister feel than I would normally use and it smokes perfectly so far, will know if it made a decent protective coating shortly.

banjo
45424645474_4164c096ba_z_d.jpg

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
What a beautiful pipe! Pipes are made to be smoked, not locked up in a case - and I can think of few better to use it as the good Lord (and the pipe maker) intended!
Mike

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Success, at least 90% coverage and a splendid 1st smoke, only wish the maker were known!

banjo

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
What’s not to love about a perfect Bulldog with Diamond Shank with the edge covered with silver nicely engraved that mirrors over onto the real Amber stem, the tenon is bone and the fit up is right on with no over or under run.

banjo

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Definitely concur with you guys all around 100%. None of my pipes are to collect. All are smokers or I don't have them. Loving bulldogs like I do, that's a particularly good looker! The shank is excellent; let me it. Hope it stays with you, banjo!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Smoke that sucker! If she dies,she dies, but that is what it was made for... :clap:

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
jaytex969, since I don’t clench my Pipes I really like the mouth feel of Amber, I have several, regards.

banjo

Status
Not open for further replies.