PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
BROBS, I hope this helps but YMMV.

I've had two wineador for a long time. There was some trial and error involved in getting them stable but they've been dialed in for years now. I'm old and can't even remember where I got the shelving or the units themselves it's been that long. The contents of the drawers are randomly piled in there to answer your question.

My set up. I sealed the backs off, no air exchange at all unless the front door's open. I don't run power to them, they are static but live in my basement were they stay cool all year. This doesn't work in warmer climates. I do have some computer fans in the bottom wired to a timer that kicks every couple of hours for thirty minutes and stir the air. I could fit a lot more cigars and boxes in them but I don't like over crowding as it prevents the circulation. I use 4 of the large Boveda in each, 320 gram 65%. Occasionally, I'll toss in a 66% if I'm in them a lot or want them to come back to humidity faster. I probably don't need to use that many.

Before I sealed them I had good humidity levels but I would get actual condensation build up and pooling in the bottom of them when I was running actual power to cool them, lucky for me I don't need that feature. Watch for mold and move your sticks around occasionally. I should rotate the shelves a lot more than I do.

Most of my cigar stock is held in plastic sealed totes which I actually prefer for long term storage but I have had these and they work great too.
That’s basically how mine is set up in my basement. Just need the shelves! Haha

in my test run I was getting the same condensation and it’s cool enough in my basement year round it doesn’t need to run. So I leave it unplugged and sealed the drain hole in the back. Humidity stays rock solid though I need to switch to 65 as I was using 69 in my tupperdores.

Reactions: Rockyrepose
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
That’s basically how mine is set up in my basement. Just need the shelves! Haha

in my test run I was getting the same condensation and it’s cool enough in my basement year round it doesn’t need to run. So I leave it unplugged and sealed the drain hole in the back. Humidity stays rock solid though I need to switch to 65 as I was using 69 in my tupperdores.
You may have to jump up to some 72s for a little while after putting the shelves in. Either that or wipe them down with distilled water a couple of times. They may soak up all your humidity if they are drier than the air in your humidor.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
You may have to jump up to some 72s for a little while after putting the shelves in. Either that or wipe them down with distilled water a couple of times. They may soak up all your humidity if they are drier than the air in your humidor.
Hopefully (if the guy ever ships) I can figure it out. ?
If they sit on my front porch they should get humid enough just from the air! Lol

with a bunch of 69 boveda The humidity sometimes creeps up to 71 or so if I don’t open it for quite a while.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith
Status
Not open for further replies.