PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I bought the first one I was having a lot of trouble deciding which of the 2 I wanted , so I said to myself, if I really like the first one, I will grab the other. So after receiving my first Willmer today, I pulled the trigger on the second. Here are some pics. It is a Willmer AAA straight grain and it is a large group 5.

willmer6.jpg

willmer7.jpg

willmer8.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice comments. There are some good deals out there on these. A straight grain AAA just sold on ebay for 95.00. It wasn't as nice as the two I got but it was close and I am sure it will smoke just as well. I was shocked at how cool my first one smoked, I have smoked many high line pipes and nothing smoked cooler than my Willmer. For the money I paid, I can't remember getting a better deal for the quality of pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Well this beauty came in today and it smokes like a dream. I am now convinced that Willmers smoke cooler than any other brand I have ever owned. At first I thought maybe it was just that first pipe was special, but now with a sampling of 2 different pipes in different shapes, I can confidently say the above. I did the dog walk test where I generally heat up my bowl too much because of not paying attention and the wind, that didn't heat it up. I am sitting here puffing away like I never do just to see if it will get hot and it won't. It also smokes as dry as my other and when I walk the dog in this humidity I always need a pipe cleaner when I am done. This one needs none. I am really shocked at how these perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.