Will This Style Of Smoking Negatively Effect Cigars?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
When it comes to smoking cigars or pipes, I’ve never been one to keep them lit, in what are considered the average times to smoke them.

Pipes usually last me all day, and the common cigar vitolas last me days.

As a smoker, with pipes and cigars I’ve always been this way, taking puffs here and there throughout the day. Cigarettes are the only thing I’ve ever kept lit LOL 😆

I wanted to know, if someone is occasionally smoking a cigar, here and there though out the day, just a few puffs, let it go out, and come back to it at a later point in time…

Can this negatively effect the taste of the cigar in anyway? I’ve always wondered if that burnt ash, that’s now out sitting on the end of a cigar, if any of it could seep it’s way through a cigar sitting for hours and days cause an issue.

Or even the heat the fire produces going through the cigar, I would assume builds moisture, then you let the cigar go out, it drys out, and this constant up and and down with heat/moisture and drying out.

Hey, when it comes to inexpensive cigars, who cares, and I guess who cares when your pockets are fat, but seriously having very expensive cigars, and wanting the best out of them… hmm 🤔

THANKS
Our society has indeed fallen on depraved times.

Reactions: JOHN72 and PipeIT

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I meant. I can no longer buy Cuban cigars, they have practically disappeared, and the few that are left are very expensive. Damn translator.

I just looked up Cigar Shops in Spain on Google, and there are a lot.

So you mean, in many cigar shops in Spain it is hard to find Cuban cigars?

Cigar smokers understand Cubans are expensive. But I assumed they would be all over Spain to buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I just looked up Cigar Shops in Spain on Google, and there are a lot.

So you mean, in many cigar shops in Spain it is hard to find Cuban cigars?

Cigar smokers understand Cubans are expensive. But I assumed they would be all over Spain to buy.
In Vigo, there were some boxes of Cuban cigars in a tobacconist's shop. But it is not the same as it was years ago. In the tobacconist where I buy tobacco, a few kilometers from my home, on the coast, a tourist town. There is still a big humidor showcase, or humidor room. Now there is very little variety of Cuban cigars. Very expensive, but great variety of cigars, Nicaraguan, Mexican, and other South American countries. My favorite cigars were Partagas and H Upmann.

ThomasS

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
I had a StillWell Star Navy which I cut into thirds because Navy Flake tends to make me very sad in anything other than small doses. All three pieces tasted exactly the same, but it did dreadful things to the wrapper :(

I wonder if part of why it works well for you to put it out repeatedly is *because* you go for such a short time. There's never enough "charcoalized" tobacco at the end of the stick to make a huge difference the next time you light it. Knock off the bit of ash, light the leaf-charcoal, and you'd never know it was previously lit in the first place?