PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kal

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Misplaced Texan, in Ohio
Ok from suggestions and picking a couple more. I decided 4oz of each.
WILKE no 111, no 400, no 524, then wilke lizzie blood red english. Last pick is High hat. It sounds good.
One thing I like about wilke's tobacco, is the use of Yenidje.
I'm really enjoying the flavors and aroma it adds.
Thank y'all for the ideas.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ok from suggestions and picking a couple more. I decided 4oz of each.
WILKE no 111, no 400, no 524, then wilke lizzie blood red english. Last pick is High hat. It sounds good.
One thing I like about wilke's tobacco, is the use of Yenidje.
I'm really enjoying the flavors and aroma it adds.
Thank y'all for the ideas.
Pick your best pipe for 111. You'll be glad you did.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
As a long-time Wilke smoker, it’s tough to pick my favorite blends. But here goes, in no particular order:

No.10: Sadly discontinued but among the best of the best Balkan blends. Outrageous. Ive got a bit jarred up, but wish I had bought a literal ton. If you have some, want to sell, and can validate the authenticity, I will pay top dollar.

Bestmake: My favorite American English, and one of my favorite blends of all time.

No. 5: Among my top 2-3 Aromatic/English crossover blends.

High Hat: somewhat subdued in the current variant due to the unavailability of the grand tobaccos of yore, this blend is still produced by Mr. Brandt (thank you) and remains a superstar of the more robust American English style.

No. 184: I believe this to be a blend of the Cavendish of No.191 (perhaps the best aromatic on the market today) and some gorgeous Orientals. This hasn’t quite made it to my favorites list, but is knocking on the door. A spectacularly smooth smoke combining the best of the aforementioned worlds. I’m not saying its a masterpiece, but as of the date of this post, I’m leaning in that directions. A near perfect all-day smoke For those who appreciate this flavor profile.
See my TR.c reviews for more detailed notes. They’re worth what you paid for them.