PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Hi,
Well I found this really cool tamper at SP. It's made in the Ukraine and features a beechwood body, a metal foot, and a weathered skull fashioned from white hornbeam wood, with a metal spear piercing through it. Only $180! I think it's really cool looking and appears very well made, but $180. Opinions?

Attachments

• Skull Tamper.jpg
    Skull Tamper.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 10

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't have anything against little works of art. I think skulls are somewhat a teenage enthusiasm; yep, that's what's left, and see what you can do in the meantime. But a bit of craftsmanship is attractive. One-eighty? Not for me, but probably for someone.

• Haha
Reactions: crazyhog and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I don't have anything against little works of art. I think skulls are somewhat a teenage enthusiasm; yep, that's what's left, and see what you can do in the meantime. But a bit of craftsmanship is attractive. One-eighty? Not for me, but probably for someone.
Lol skulls are always interesting visual symbols and are entrancing you the human eye as we unknowingly relate the geometry of the face of the skull to that of a living infant.

for 180 I’d buy a handmade pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's strange, Max had a shop on Etsy where he sold several variants on swords, axes, and spears for $110.

Reactions: BROBS

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
That's strange, Max had a shop on Etsy where he sold several variants on swords, axes, and spears for $110.
$110 would be much more reasonable. Hopefully they will drop the price if they dont sell at the curent list?

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Skulls are a little too grim for me and I have trouble making a connection that says, "this relates to something I'm interested in". But if it was Horatio's skull from Hamlet I might be able to talk myself into buying such a tamper because I do appreciate the artistry and craftsmanship involved.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I'm not sure what I paid for my Ming Kahuna, but it wasn't cheap? Nice tampers cost money, and that's a nice tamper. The problem with nice tampers is that you don't use them even half as much as the tamper on the bottom of your IM Corona. Nonetheless, I really like my Ming Kahuna, and every pipe smoker should have at least one nice tamper.

Status
Not open for further replies.