Wife Willing To Find My Pipes A New Home.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
The $60 glass cabinet from Ikea:

detolf-glass-door-cabinet__0625601_PE692387_S5.JPG

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
My mother bought a gorgeous antique cherry china hutch a few years before she passed. It’d be perfect and I will eventually inherit it. It’s just the ticket, though it very likely won’t hold my full cellar plus pipes.

But it’s a non-starter. Why? Wife: “Where would we put that? There’s no room for it.” Yet it’s okay that she has a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, dining room table, washer, dryer, and so forth. Unbelievable ?!

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
I have a small, thin version recently acquired for +/-$120. Two shelves “on display” (I added lights), a small drawer, and two shelves below for cellaring...BUT - have to do the assembly thing on you own (with a few drinks and a pipe of course...)
18”w x 12”d x 72” tall

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Reactions: BROBS and ron123

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
I have a small, thin version recently acquired for +/-$120. Two shelves “on display” (I added lights), a small drawer, and two shelves below for cellaring...BUT - have to do the assembly thing on you own (with a few drinks and a pipe of course...)
18”w x 12”d x 72” tall
View attachment 12676

I like those! A little skinny, but maybe a couple, side by side, for pipe display and pipe cleaner holder plus a few tins in the drawers? Pretty close.

Someone floated the idea of a secretary I think? That’d be nice as well. I’d like the top to have swing open ‘framed’ glass doors. Shouldn’t be terribly hard to custom build and insert pipe racks.

My Dad has a really nice one from the Victorian era that would fit the bill. My great aunt would come back from the dead and haunt me if I converted her old secretary into a pipe display piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.