PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Only one, the always under-the-radar 4noggins Britt's Balkan, of which both my wife & 2 adult sons, all anti-smoking, approve due to the vanilla overtones to the Oriental-forward, subtle campfire aroma. Its the only blend which received the comments, "That smells good...I like the vanilla", stated with an otherwise disapproving countenance.
Molte Dolce was received with a less enthusiasm.
With all other tobaccos usually one of us will vacate the area.

jmsmitty6

Can't Leave
Jan 12, 2018
Cincinnati, Ohio
My wife is a total anomaly. She loves the smell and taste (she always has a couple of puffs of whatever I smoke) of English and VaPer blends. I do not smoke in the house though.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Thanks one and all for the suggestions. Some will have to wait until I return to the States while others are readily available in Europe. Although I smoke outside I find that the smell lingers in my mustache/beard (as cosmic mentions) and clothes. Best to keep the wife happy. No complaints so far, knock on wood. Thanks again, I look forward to giving some of these blends a spin and seeing what the wife thinks. Happy wife happy life.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
All of my smoking is outdoor smoking so that caveat applies. Naturally she loves the cherry and vanilla blends, but strangely she also likes Frog Morton and some of the other blends I have with latakia. She likes the firewood smell.

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Oddly enough, for the first time ever, my wife remarked last night that she liked the smell of the tobacco I was smoking--Captain Black Copper. Never before has she commented on the 300+ different blends I've probably smoked around her.

bluto

Aug 24, 2018
swmbo likes it when I put the cat out
Especially true when she’s on fire

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
My wife prefers VA and VaPers. Aros are a small bonus.

She is okay with Latakia.

She is not a huge fan of Burley. (which is fine, and it tends to bite me.)

She does not like Dark Fired Kentucky.

She hates cigars.

curl

Apr 29, 2014
Amphora Original got a thumbs up from a lady friend a while ago.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wife doesn't "approve" of pipe smoking. As a compromise, I smoke only outdoors, in my car, and in the TV room, and only blends with Latakia. Then I light a lampe berger.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Wait,.. did you want my wife approved blends, or my girlfriend's? Or both? [:puffy:]
Reminds me of some advice an old man gave me when I was young. He said something like "Find a woman who can cook well. One who is great in bed. One who will always go on adventures with you. And never let them meet each other.".

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Sadly, for me, I'm in the same boat as jpmcwjr. My better half is a rabid anti smoker. Luckily we live in separate homes. At mine I smoke in my office. At hers I puff outdoors. Somehow I doubt I'll ever find a blend that will please Xia. :(

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
So here is one for the ages. I have been smoking Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew this week. A rare aromatic venture for me. My girl came out tonight and LOVED the smell. She even stayed outside and talked with me while I smoked. That is literally the first time she had ever done this.
Thus, I conclude with full confidence that SVH is wife/girlfriend approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.