PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Missed this post - big congrats to you bryan.
Anyhow, I get all excited, and when I go to the smoking pipes website, I see that it has been sold! I'm completely distraught, and exclaim to my wife, "See! I told you someone would jump on it!"
At this point, she had an evil little smile, and I knew who had bought it!
Very cute - your wife sounds like a keeper!

jkenp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
NW Indiana
After hearing about some of the shrews that attach themselves as the only arbiter of smoking privileges, it is nice to hear about a wife that is a partner in life. That's better than a new pipe.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
Wow. Great story and congrats on that pipe! It's beautiful! If it clenches well, it's OK in my book. :puffy:

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Thanks everyone, and yes- the pipe clenches great, but I like to hold it a lot and admire in between puffs!
Agreed, my wife really is a gem, and the best thing to ever happen to me. We've been together almost 6 years, and I will say that she is the first woman that I have been able to absolutely 100% be myself around. In the past, that had terrible repercussions!
It is true for me that a good woman, a better man makes. I have learned to save money, start a retirement account, my business has grown exponentially, and we own a beautiful home. All things, I never would have done without her. We have travelled the world together, both Europe and Asia, she taught me to speak fluent French, and the list goes on and on and on...
I have learned that the trick is to say, "Yes Dear" and to (try to) ALWAYS agree with whatever she says. Rolling of the eyes is not a good idea, and let her have control of the remote. In exchange, I smoke my pipe, which makes me content, and get to mostly do whatever I like with my time, and since that entails spending time with my dogs, spending time outdoors, doing things with the family, and reading, life is very simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.