PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookin b fun but goddamn meat is gross lol
Is this a girl thing? Someone mentioned that girls require vegetables. ...just wondering. puffy

Raw carrots and parsnips are the foods that just overload my senses with bitterness. The only foods that I think is gross. I can eat some carrots if cooked into things to get rid of some of that tannin and bitterness, but not just as a side of cooked carrots, but maybe a few strands in a roast. Otherwise the taste triggers my gag reflex.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Is this a girl thing? Someone mentioned that girls require vegetables. ...just wondering. puffy

Raw carrots and parsnips are the foods that just overload my senses with bitterness. The only foods that I think is gross. I can eat some carrots if cooked into things to get rid of some of that tannin and bitterness, but not just as a side of cooked carrots, but maybe a few strands in a roast. Otherwise the taste triggers my gag reflex.
girl thing? If having some sense is only a girl thing then let's have a PJ party and pillow fight.

I like em long and cooked in honey.. mmmmmm. (carrots)

Maybe you're not being gentle enough with the carrot and you're scarin' it?
It's always my fault, never the carrot's.

My wife is on Instagram yesterday and shows me where some husband makes is wife a pretty mixed drink every night, and she photographs it and posts it. Mrs Cosmic is like, "why don't you do that for me?"
I'm all offended, "I turn the Goddamn water bill into wine, growing fruits and bees and turning that into wine. That's Jesus level bullshit right there."
For the first time in 15 years, she was quite... for like 5 minutes. puffy and, I love her with all my heart, ha ha!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA

Carrots are good as hell. Raw, sauteed with butter and a bit of brown sugar, boiled with Corned Beef and Cabbage.

I don't know that I've ever had a parsnip... Is it like a turnip?

Reactions: BROBS
Carrots are good as hell. Raw, sauteed with butter and a bit of brown sugar, boiled with Corned Beef and Cabbage.

I don't know that I've ever had a parsnip... Is it like a turnip?
A parsnip is a white carrot, and it has a pure bile taste, so bitter that it turns my digestive system inside out trying to expell every last drop. I think English people eat them or something. Blech!!

Carrots are the same, except it sneaks up on my taste buds, just hits all the bitter regions on my tongue, not good. to me.

Reactions: BROBS and danimalia
The older I get the more vegetables I put in my diet. I have to admit it has brought a whole nother level of grilling for me. All but potatoes, Dam those potatoes!!!!!
There's no great way to rush a potato. 4 hours in the oven, that is the only way I'll do it for a baked potato. Some can try to rush it by nuking them in the microwave, but not me. I love that long baked flavor.

Okra, asparagus, peppers, squash, I'll grill them any time. Tomatoes are ok grilled, but they just become mush. I'll grill them with peppers to make a salsa, but not just to eat.

A grilled peach with some pork steaks... you'll slap you momma!!

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
There's no great way to rush a potato. 4 hours in the oven, that is the only way I'll do it for a baked potato. Some can try to rush it by nuking them in the microwave, but not me. I love that long baked flavor.

Okra, asparagus, peppers, squash, I'll grill them any time. Tomatoes are ok grilled, but they just become mush. I'll grill them with peppers to make a salsa, but not just to eat.

I cant have very many potatoes because of the carbs but when I did eat them I never microwaved them

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA

How you do okra on the grill? My grandmother was from the South so I was only familiar with, and smitten by, okra fried with cornmeal. I've since discovered a whole different world of ways to prepare okra, like low country style stewed okra with tomatoe and Indian bindhi masala, which is stir-fried with peppers and some wonderful seasonings.

How you do okra on the grill?
Roll the whole okras in a mixture of olive oil and a dash of balsamic. Sprinkle then with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Then grill them to your desired blackness. Sometimes I may switch up powders and play with adding paprika or another powdered pepper.
We love them. Sometimes dip them in a cheese sauce. However you want to eat them.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Cookin b fun but goddamn meat is gross lol
BROBs, in the future, once your yen for MEAT resurfaces, I predict that you will become a chicken farmer, with 10 huge buildings, with thousands of chickens in each. You will be known to the local population as Uncle BROBS of Thousands Chickens, and will become the preferred chicken vendor in the Southeast region.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

Little trick is to microwave it most of the way then pop in the oven. ?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
BROBs, in the future, once your yen for MEAT resurfaces, I predict that you will become a chicken farmer, with 10 huge buildings, with thousands of chickens in each. You will be known to the local population as Uncle BROBS of Thousands Chickens, and will become the preferred chicken vendor in the Southeast region.
Most def not unless it’s a chicken rescue

SoddenJack

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2020
West Texas
Roll the whole okras in a mixture of olive oil and a dash of balsamic. Sprinkle then with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Then grill them to your desired blackness. Sometimes I may switch up powders and play with adding paprika or another powdered pepper.
We love them. Sometimes dip them in a cheese sauce. However you want to eat them.
Interesting. Never heard of grilled okra. Does it get that slimy interior from grilling?

Status
Not open for further replies.