PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
"Business Insider" is a pay-to-place site...not so much news as press releases and narrative-molding and spin spin spin. My immediate reaction to this, being on BI, is that someone wants to push up the pricing of Turkish Meers in general, and this is the kind of expectation-setting fluff piece that certain kinds of marketers put out... Look out for some makers (or middlemen) to raise some prices!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don't think a carver would have a distributor very long if he cut his throat by selling the same items at half the price.
Never bought from a carver have you? I've never paid more than $280 for one.

Screenshot_20230924-142814_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20230703-223118_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

Briarcutter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
I cannot speak of what they do in Turkey. I was thinking in USA. If you are strictly speaking of Turkish carvers, you may very well be right about buying from the carvers at half retail. But here in the USA is a different story. It seems carvers and distributors in USA have a business respect for each other, or should have. A retailer would never buy a product at retail then sell it at twice retail, or twice what the carver is charging. or, a carver selling a produc at half of what his distributor is selling it.This respect is probably common practice in other countries but I live in USA so I cannot comment on foreign business practices.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
"Expensive luxury goods"....

Whose manufacturers insist on saving .00000000001 cent for every trillion made by using absolute cheapshit garbage-crap junk-ass plastic connector hardware for the shank and stem.

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 4.24.39 PM.png