PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
The concensus on the board on which I participated in the beginning was that you either liked latakia or you didn't. Obviously I knew nothing, and just as obviously, to me, was that some members knew a lot, so when they espoused that opinion, I listened. Thus I smoked it for a few months and enjoyed it but then got worried about whether I really did, and stopped. Came back to it after a few year but never smoked it as often as non-latakia blends.

What is it about latakia that makes smokers take a polar approach, to regard it and then disregard it? It is different.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
The concensus on the board on which I participated in the beginning was that you either liked latakia or you didn't. Obviously I knew nothing, and just as obviously, to me, was that some members knew a lot, so when they espoused that opinion, I listened. Thus I smoked it for a few months and enjoyed it but then got worried about whether I really did, and stopped. Came back to it after a few year but never smoked it as often as non-latakia blends.

What is it about latakia that makes smokers take a polar approach, to regard it and then disregard it? It is different.
I'm 1 of those that liked it until I didn't until I did until I didn't again.;)

• Haha
Reactions: logs and jpmcwjr

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
In 43+ years of pipe smoking I have never hit a wall with anything. Frankly, I believe the key to this is variety. I smoke all different genres of tobacco and I smoke what I feel like on any given occasion. I think this avoids burnout with one particular blend or style of tobacco. If your pipe is burning your “favorite” tobacco back to back, incessantly (how is that for redundancy), it is bound to get old. Variety is the spice of life and there is plenty of variety to be had.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
There was a10 year window from 1995 to 2005 where all I smoked was Latakia.Then one day,It just died in me.Tired of it.Started into the stronger full flavor VA/Per and Burley.Been smoking Lat off and on, once per week for the last two years again.I have maybe 3 - 4 lbs total in my possession now.Probably don't need any more.

Reactions: stogie37 and ram74
Status
Not open for further replies.