PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
For nine months of the year the Sonoran desert toad lives under the sands of the Mexican desert to survive the scorching heat, but when the winter rains arrive, it emerges for a Caligula-like orgy of eating and fornicating.

Sounds like a good time. Until...

Glands on the sides of its neck and legs emit a venom so toxic it can cause death in a predator within seconds.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Love how this is a great example of the person that writes the news story and the headline writers being two different people with two different goals.
Though I can confirm that yellowjacket venom will make you trip out. All you have to do is go for a hike slip on some wet leaf litter and have your hand go into the front of their home and then let them chase you down a mountain (PA mountain, what people out west call foothills.) From my experience you'll notice the effect when you cross a small river by holding your breath and crouching a bit so your totally submerged. Notice three deer looking at you with confusion and then thinking many the trees are really sparkly today (because they look like they've had diamonds inserting all over their bark). So you know easy peasy.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
For nine months of the year the Sonoran desert toad lives under the sands of the Mexican desert to survive the scorching heat, but when the winter rains arrive, it emerges for a Caligula-like orgy of eating and fornicating.

Sounds like a good time. Until...

Glands on the sides of its neck and legs emit a venom so toxic it can cause death in a predator within seconds.
Ferocious

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Years ago, I ran around the country for a while with Grateful Dead tour hippies. I have seen this, but didn’t know it had become so mainstream. It is legit, and it’s a bizarre experience, if a short lived one. Btw, there are easier means to procure dmt. Ask Joe Rogan lol.