PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Well I am not taking a vacation anywhere. My wife is making me go to the Dr next week. I had an incident a few days ago. I had a leg cramp and attempted to get out of bed. I woke up a little bit later with my wife yelling my name and my head against the nightstand and blood everywhere. I have been sick since November in febuary they said I had pneumonia. I spent two months on steroids and antibiotics my Xrays show pneumonia is gone but I have a ton of pain under my ribs going all the way around my back and I still cant breathe very well. My pipe smoking is down to a bowl or two a day.
while I hope you get the other issues dealt with in a painless, timely and successful way, I can commiserate about leg (and arm, foot and hand) cramps. Maybe a delightful feature of getting older and also can be aided and abetted by certain medications like blood pressure diuretics. My wise old physician gave me some advice a number of years ago: Tonic water (quinine water) relieves cramps. For some this might mean learning to love vodka and tonic or gin and tonic I suppose. I find tonic water sort of unpleasant, especially at 3:00 AM. However, I have found it to be very helpful. You might ask your physician about it.

Reactions: BROBS

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Well I am not taking a vacation anywhere. My wife is making me go to the Dr next week. I had an incident a few days ago. I had a leg cramp and attempted to get out of bed. I woke up a little bit later with my wife yelling my name and my head against the nightstand and blood everywhere. I have been sick since November in febuary they said I had pneumonia. I spent two months on steroids and antibiotics my Xrays show pneumonia is gone but I have a ton of pain under my ribs going all the way around my back and I still cant breathe very well. My pipe smoking is down to a bowl or two a day.
Geez...I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never quite gotten my bliss in line with my bills, but I was able to get aspects of my bliss with my paying job, with enough time to pursue my bliss on my own time. Life is a process of compromises, and sometimes the compromises lead you to better places than your intentions. But I feel lucky to have had a few jobs that were strictly day jobs, that offered a lot of knowledge and experience, followed by a job that allowed using a lot of my skills. I can actually say I "used" my degrees. When I read sable's statistic about 85% of people hating their work, this fills me with gratitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.