PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Well I am not taking a vacation anywhere. My wife is making me go to the Dr next week. I had an incident a few days ago. I had a leg cramp and attempted to get out of bed. I woke up a little bit later with my wife yelling my name and my head against the nightstand and blood everywhere. I have been sick since November in febuary they said I had pneumonia. I spent two months on steroids and antibiotics my Xrays show pneumonia is gone but I have a ton of pain under my ribs going all the way around my back and I still cant breathe very well. My pipe smoking is down to a bowl or two a day.

Well I am not taking a vacation anywhere. My wife is making me go to the Dr next week. I had an incident a few days ago. I had a leg cramp and attempted to get out of bed. I woke up a little bit later with my wife yelling my name and my head against the nightstand and blood everywhere. I have been sick since November in febuary they said I had pneumonia. I spent two months on steroids and antibiotics my Xrays show pneumonia is gone but I have a ton of pain under my ribs going all the way around my back and I still cant breathe very well. My pipe smoking is down to a bowl or two a day.
Please get that seen about. I've had pneumonia twice and they tell me it gets worse each time and takes longer to recover. Take care of yourself, bud. We old codgers have to take over this world at some point, and we need each and every one of ya.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a little different than a work day before a vacation trip. Seek out the best medical help you can find, and we'll all be pulling for you. It sounds like you've had a hard time.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Because time gets thicker which make it feel longer. My job ain't bad I don't mind it. The whole week not in a hurry to get out of there. Friday I start feeling so not into it. It's the one time I start thinking "yeah it will be there later, it can wait"

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I start a week of vacation this afternoon and the day just drags on, I feel like a kid agin waiting on the bell on the last day of school
I'm sorry to hear about your health issues and I wish you a speedy recovery from them.

As for the last day of work sucking before a vacation break, it's probably due to the job feeling like a weight, maybe a meaningless dead end, or because of burnout.

An estimated 85% of people polled said that they either disliked or outright hated their jobs. That's a lot of stress. People make their own choices, some of which provide a much wanted element of predictability at the expense of fulfillment.

Personally, I chose to follow my bliss. I ultimately settled on a more commercial path for pursuing it. And though I've paid dearly for my choice, overall I'm happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.