PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Trimpickart

Lurker
Jan 21, 2024
Belgium
A few reasons here:
1. I wanted to stop or at least reduce cigs (industrial or tubed)
2. I wanted to reduce inhaling for my lungs.
3. I tried vaping a couple of times but that stuff made me cough my lungs out.
4. It is just so stylish :) at least for me, not for teh people around me be I don't care.

Reactions: JOHN72 and Laurent

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Switched from Cigars due to popularity and thus scarcity in the19..... good ole days. Sable said the rest better than I ever will.

Reactions: JOHN72

MartyA

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
I like reading old books with lots of historical detail to contemplate.
I like smoking a churchwarden pipe with tobacco with a nice taste and aftertaste.
Put the two together on a swinging chair outside, and it's just the most relaxing escape I've ever experienced.
Marty

Sinzalot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2022
Wales
Why? My father smoked a pipe and he always looked forward to it, that peaked my interest when I was young. I always loved the smell of the tobacco and longed to try it. Fast forward to my early twenties and feeling the need to quit cigarettes I naturally turned to the pipe. My father passed away before I really got into pipe smoking and yet nowadays I find myself enjoying a pipe much a he did, no doubt my little boy looks at me and wonders why his dad looks so happy with that piece of wood in his mouth surrounded by smoke. Happy smokes folks puffy

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Lots of reasons. Tastes great, less filling. Zero calories. Requires some skill to do it right.Good blends and good pipes are art. Most normal people love the aroma. It's contemplative and focusing in a world more than ever filled with various noise. Good pipes and good tobacco (probably moreso) hold their value, and some can increase, even exponentially. (It's not a business venture at all, but it's not like trying to resell beer or cigarettes. More like good vintage wine.) A fine way to spend time with comrades. Tobacco is fun to share with fellow pipe smokers.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
My father smoked pipes, cigars, those packs of tobacco, some brands no longer exist. It is a mixture of happy childhood, that daily smell of tobacco everywhere, from the late 70's and 80's onwards. At the age of 21, I started to be curious about cigars and distillates. I already had my first books as a collector of tobacco and alcoholic beverages, in monthly magazines that I bought. Until in 2019 I began to investigate the world of the pipe more seriously, until today. I love tobacco, its liturgy. Lover of traditions, conservative.