PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
A couple of weeks ago I received a pouch of captain Black White and was skeptical but gave it a try. My thoughts were that this was going to be like 1Q or some other dull tasting aromatic. For some reason smoking 1Q was like smoking...well, vanilla nothing. I prefer Va-pers and an occasional English.

After the first few puffs the captain Black started tasting pretty good. I was sure it must have been a fluke, no way a drug store tobacco could be that good. I tried it again and yet again with the same result, good flavorful low nicotine smoke that is not "finikey" and can be puffed like a steam engine if you so choose. I have to say you never know what you may like or dislike until you light it up. :)

Jan 8, 2013
I've not tried Captain Black (white) yet. I have some cherry (don't ask why I picked that up... I think I'm partial to black on red coloring)and I'm not really fond of it. The Super Value I was just ran out of was much much better. At the moment however, that is all I have left, so I shall smoke it. I'm supposed to have some Royal on the way. A free sample from Lane. But I haven't received it yet. I'm thinking there are tobacco gremlins in the works there. I may pick up some white tomorrow, while I wait on that and a free sample from Atladis and a sample pack one of the members here was awesome enough to hook me up with. I won't say who did that, because I don't want new members hounding him for free stuff. I recall there is a topic here on just that kind of thing.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Too answer your question there, its good stuff brother. Plain and simple its good stuff. They been in business for many years for a reason.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Why do you like it?
For the same reason that I like it - it's pretty good stuff. Don't allow the OTC connotation keep you from finding something that you might really enjoy.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
CBW was one of my first blends i had. At first i thought it was horrible, but it grew on me and since im not a fan of their price i enjoy RLP-6 which in my opinion is one of the closest bulks to CBW.

rockrat

Lurker
Aug 4, 2012
Been smoking Capt Black for a long time. My first favorite was CB "gold". Been puffing on that since I started puffing back in the late 80's, during high scrool. Capt Black is pretty good. Really like the "royal" now though.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
In the mid eightees I existed solely on Captain Black White. One pipe. One blend. Fast forward two decades plus, and I still enjoy the old Captain. I'm now into Latakia forward blends, but I've always got time for a bowl of CBW. In fact I'll reach for a bowl now. Goes good in a cob too.
IMAG1563-1-1.jpg

pipeastronomer

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2012
Boston MA/ Bethlehem NH
I have to completely agree. Over Christmas I posted that I tried Captian Black White and had very low expectations. But was I surprised! I have to say that the Captian Black White was the best smoke I have has so far in my 3 months of re discovering pipe smoking. I have tried quite a few blends but none have matched the experience of my smoke with Captian Black White. It smoked so easily, and was, as I said in my post over Christmas, smoked like it was on auto pilot. I could just relax and enjoy the smoke. No worries about tongue bite, re lighting, or burning too hot. I can't wait to try it an to see if I have he same experience.
Don't overlook it's blend! Give it a try. You may just be suprised at what you find. Who would have thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.