PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Corcoran-Rooney

Have patience Peachie, some of us are new to pipes/tobaccos and simply want to know some of the rudiments. You should be glad there are newbies, we are what keep the industry alive. If there were never any new pipe smokers the industry would have died a death long ago. If you see a repition of the same questions, it means the industry is in good shape, you should welcome that. And if you don't want to help educate, and would prefer to be a grump, that's fine, just scroll past. Thankfully there are others on hand to help out and share information.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Now, wait a minute! I'd buy some $500 shirts in a heart beat under some circumstances..... Namely having disposable income of over 25 million bucks a year, and all the houses and cars already purchased. I've a little ways to go before hitting that plateau!
I’ll never need another shirt. The house, truck and Suby are paid for, but I still don’t part with my resources easily.

looking at eBay, I’ve never seen a Dunhill that was anything but boring or not superior at least. I’m not bashing the brand, just being honest about my taste in things .

Reactions: tobefrank
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Have patience Peachie, some of us are new to pipes/tobaccos and simply want to know some of the rudiments. You should be glad there are newbies, we are what keep the industry alive. If there were never any new pipe smokers the industry would have died a death long ago. If you see a repition of the same questions, it means the industry is in good shape, you should welcome that. And if you don't want to help educate, and would prefer to be a grump, that's fine, just scroll past. Thankfully there are others on hand to help out and share information.
On the fountain pens forum Monte Blanc gets the same treatment…lol!

Brand relevance is difficult to maintain.

• Haha
Reactions: Corcoran-Rooney

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
He hired a broke but literate chappie with a degree from Oxford to write them eh? I can believe it.
My wife worked as a staff writer for a very large publisher of health-related books. She ghost-wrote numerous titles for celebrity doctors who had very little to do with the book's actual content. She doesn't have a degree from Oxford, but she did go to Harvard....for a weekend.

Reactions: fireground_piper
Status
Not open for further replies.