PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
How is the Nuttens? I like his work from afar, and have been in contact with him (communication seems to be difficult) to do a custom Twiggy.
I've got three Nuttens. The Twiggy is my least favourite, but I'm still breaking it in, so that might chamge. But all three have super-comfortable (to my mouth) stems. I'd be surprised if I didn't add more of his pipes.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
How is the Nuttens? I like his work from afar, and have been in contact with him (communication seems to be difficult) to do a custom Twiggy.
I have gotten in contact with him via Instagram DM which was very easy and fast. I know making a social media account is a big thing for some, I solely use Instagram for contacting pipe makers only and following their content.

Edit: and I speak a little French, but he replied in perfect English.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I might have overlooked it, but I find it amazing that I'm the only one on this thread that listed Castello as the one they own the most. Because they are so good and will last forever I would have expected more. Oh well, live and learn. puffy

pipesandscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2010
Northeast PA
I have gotten in contact with him via Instagram DM which was very easy and fast. I know making a social media account is a big thing for some, I solely use Instagram for contacting pipe makers only and following their content.

Edit: and I speak a little French, but he replied in perfect English.
I don't use the socials. I use his contact email on his page, but he doesn't seem to follow my email threads (?). Last one about a month ago, was that he had been in Brussels as his dad was very ill. I told him his dad was more important than a pipe, just to let me know when he is ready. All I ultimately want is one of his Twiggy's with a particular cumberland stem he has used on other deices. No big deal.

Reactions: DanWil84 and Toast

Toast

Feb 15, 2021
UK
I don't use the socials. I use his contact email on his page, but he doesn't seem to follow my email threads (?). Last one about a month ago, was that he had been in Brussels as his dad was very ill. I told him his dad was more important than a pipe, just to let me know when he is ready. All I ultimately want is one of his Twiggy's with a particular cumberland stem he has used on other deices. No big deal.
I've only ever e-mailed him previously & it's not been instantaneous - there was one particularly long lag, but on the whole he's been pretty good.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
What do I have the most of? Eh-hem.. Hard to admit this but, but Castello's by far. puffy I think I have 10 of them, my favorites are the 55's.

Reactions: huckleberry

aspiring_sage

Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
Most of the pipes I have are mine. I have two that used to belong to someone else, but I consider them mine now too.

2 big ben
1 Dr Grabow
4 MM cobbs
5 4 no-name mini-cobs that puncture through the bottom when tamping.

What do I smoke the most? Hard to say.

jaygreen55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2015
My current collection stands at 103 pipes. 49 of them are from Ed Burak's Connoisseur Pipe shop in NYC which was located around the corner from my office. I probably bought over a hundred pipes from him between 1974 and 2005 when I quit smoking and gave much of my collection away. I also left a trail of pipes in NYC bars, clubs, and taxis back in the day when smoking in public was accepted behavior and I was often in an impaired state. When I came back to the hobby in 2015 I was saddened to hear that Ed had closed his shop in 2009 and his pipes and fine blends were no longer available

danish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
Stanwell pipes were on display in most tobacconists in any small and big town, when I started smoking pipes 40 years ago. So were Georg Jensen pipes, almost. Imported pipes not so much. That is reflected in my collection.

Beers 'N Briars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2021
Yakima, Washington
I might have overlooked it, but I find it amazing that I'm the only one on this thread that listed Castello as the one they own the most. Because they are so good and will last forever I would have expected more. Oh well, live and learn. puffy
I'm actually getting kind of desperate to get my first Castello. I love that Sea Rock finish, but I've not yet found a available shape that has called out to me. Seen plenty of Castellos I loved, but either they weren't for sale or someone beat me to it. Same thing has kept me from picking up my birth year Dunhill. I'll have both eventually, I'm sure.

Mac713

Lurker
Mar 21, 2022
Kingman, Arizona, USA
Rad Davis is still number one in my collection. I think I own 15 or 16. I recently culled a few of my Rads as I once had 22. Second on my list is 13 Jack Howell commissioned pipes . I also have more Howells coming and I might just beat my Rad collection. I once owned 10 Brian Ruthenberg pipes but have moved some out to make room for my Howells. I still have 3 Ruthenbergs I believe. The were all great smokers and were good deals on Ebay.
I bought a number of them from Pipestud and Treasurepipes. both from Ebay. .
...and I thought I had a lot of pipes
1647982237178.png