PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
BA, Social Science, Michigan State University. Although I did not directly use my degree,it taught me, like any good liberal arts degree will, how to read, write, think analytically, and acquire new information. In short, it taught me how to learn, which has served me well.

Also a certificate in Computer Programming and Operations from Control Data Institute, and an Associate of Applied Science in Web Programming from Macomb Community College.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
BA in history, minor in English. Dropped out of grad school, now working in a completely different field. On the other hand, I did meet my wife during those college years, so it worked out. 8)

bronxbill

Lurker
Dec 10, 2012
Used the GI Bill to get my degree (Batchelor of Business Administration) after 13 months in SE Asia with the Marine Corps as a "grunt"

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Started working right out of high school and never looked back. Worked my way up to Plant Manager of a PVC pipe manufacturer and then they closed the plant. Decided to quit moving, bought a couple of restaurants and then decided to hit the books at 48. Got my RN and I'm still in school for my BSN and then on to Nurse Practitioner at 51. Never too late to go back and wouldn't trade my decision for anything. School opens the mind and opens doors no matter which way you decided to go. Kinda cool, my son (20) and I crossed the stage together at graduation, he with an Associates in Graphic Arts, me with my RN.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Went to university and graduated with honors with degrees in Psychology and Sociology. Now I own a demolition company...go figure. I have no regrets. I was exposed to a lot of brilliant minds in my 4 years at university and I learned alot about a lot of subjects, myself and life in general.

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Diploma in Performance (Berklee College of Music, Boston)

10 years as pro musician

B.Ed Secondary (Music, English) University of British Columbia

Teaching Certificate University of British Columbia

M.Ed University of British Columbia

Ed.D.University of British Columbia

20 years as high school teacher

5 years as university "sessional lecturer" (meaning teaching a few courses with no plans to get tenure).

Now retired!

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
Got a BA in psychology in "83. Went into the Army for 4 years, worked as a scaffolding salesman, head of housekeeping in a hospital, Freight handler for Fedex,

ramp agent, manger, senior manager all for fedex. Left there and started my own business as a biohazard remediator.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Went to Boston University for 2 years and then they asked me to leave, something about having to attend class. Smartest move I ever made, went into the real world in sales, started my own businesses and now living the good life. I was a lousy student who hated school, I saved my old man some money.
My oldest son graduates in May and my oldest daughter is a Sophomore. Luckily all my kids are great students unlike their old man.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
When I got done with high school I was ready to be done with "general" education. Went off to the Air Force and they of course sent me to tech school, but was far more interesting that public education. I got out when my job was cut after the first gulf war and got a good job working for a semi-conductor company and I've never looked back. Although now I find myself thinking it might be time to go back to school.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Went to college for fire science, then went for my EMT training then the good ol fire academy. Now just livin the dream!

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
I went, 5 years of college attendance and got bachelor of mechanical engineering - Power Dept. and 4 years of computer science diploma. In the near future I will attend MBA sessions.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
My CV in short:
- Armoured infantry sergeant

- B.Sc. Engineer "Global Management and Manufacturing"

- M.Sc. "Economics and Business Administration" (writing my thesis right now)

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
Went to college to play football. Went to Valdosta State College for 2 years. Suffered a significant injury and flunked out. Went to JuCo for a year and transferred to FSU where I graduated with a BA in Criminology.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
Earned a B.A. In chemistry (minor anthropology) from SUNY-Plattsburgh, a M.S. in inorganic chemistry (minor in physical chemistry) from SUNY-Oswego, and a Ph.D. In physical chemistry (minor inorganic chemistry) from the Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute.

Status
Not open for further replies.