Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
It's hard for me to believe after all these years,but I once was a teen ager.Back in those days I had my eye on a pretty young girl.She turned me down because she wanted a college man.I didn't make it to college,and I didn't get the young girl..I'm just wondering who here went to college and who didn't.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I went. Got two degrees and ended working at a local one. I have to admit, though that traditional, college-age kids are my favorite. Technically adults, but still need mentoring. Nothing like watching them grow over 4+ years into contributing members of society.
-Jason

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I went. 2 Computer Science Degrees and a few classes short of my Masters. My situation is a bit interesting (at least to me), since I am the first person in my blood line to even step foot on a collage campus. It's been a pretty big difference maker for me over my life. I am very happy to say that most of my nephews and 2 daughters have attended college now. I am now on the other side of the fence and I hire people. I actually don't care if they have a degree or not. I care if they're smart, motivated, dependable and have integrity.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Proud graduate of Vandy. Loved my 3 years as a history major. Useless degree but loved it. Then did tech school for diesel mechanic. Less fun but more job options

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Well I'm attending it now. It does seem that today it's nigh impossible to do just about anything for a living without getting some "higher" education.

Here in Ontario a fella needs a high school diploma to be qualified to lay brick full-time!

Haha the good thing about that is that when I saw to getting my GED I could make a joke like, "Now I'm qualified to lay brick full-time!"

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
In college now, but left for the army right after high school. No regrets at all. Mostly in school because of my VA benefits.taking classes I enjoy not the ones I have too.

misterzombie

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
I'm currently in Uni. I'm an advertising major. Started smoking pipes mostly due to nostalgia of tradition and gentlemanly activities.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I went to college and now I am teaching at one. Lord Noble I agree with what you said about students!!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Went to Arizona State. 5 years and 3 majors later I graduated. Started in Industrial Design, then Photography for a few years and then graduated with an Art Studies major focusing in metal work. I work as a manager at a sporting goods store. Someday Ill have space in my home for a studio. My degree and more importantly the life lessons and connections I made while in school got me where I am today, so I'm happy. Somewhat of a useless degree, but I'm an artist at heart always have been and always will be.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
UNL , Bachelor of Arts with a major in music . I want to get my M.M. in musicology one day .

Tried my hand at band directing for 6 months . To many rules , smoke free campus , not enough compensation for a degree . My high school dropout friends were offshore making double my salery . After I quit , I applied to LSUE and recieved my BS IN Health Sciences . I am 12 years now working as a RN BSN . I still play music with a couple of local bands , and love to sing and play for anyone who will listen . I often sing in the hospital too . If ever a curriculum is offered in pipe smoking , Ill definatly apply for that degree as well . :lol:

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
B.S. in Mathematics and am now a cost analyst for a billion dollar engineering firm. Would not be where I am today without my degree. I work with hundreds of engineers, many not classicly trained. Most times, I would rather deal with the engineers without degrees. More common sense. I am a bit ashamed of my generation. So many getting degrees and they still are not educated.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
No college for me, just trade school... Associates degree in Auto/Diesel Technology, and the Police Academy..

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
BA in Bible, couple classes short of a Masters in linguistics. I finish my Masters of Business Administration after the next class starting in two weeks.
I am advising my son to wait on college. The cost is too high and student loans in the US can not be wiped out with bankruptcy.
FYI, my job requires a HS diploma and 10+ years of on the job training. But I am hoping the MBA will help me to make the jump to management.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.