PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The wife is very allergic to cats. One of her many fine qualities. Again, the only use I have for this product is cleaning up spills.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
I actually have special kitty in a tidy cat tub. I also have meow mix in a tidy cat cat tub really, cleaning out the tubs they put the tidy cat in makes for great organization and it's cheaper than buying the same size in just bins. As for brand loyalty it's whatever happens to be cheapest when I walk through the aisle, or anything I have coupons for that make it the cheapest:)with three cats spending more than I have to on litter is just throwing money down the toilet.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
7 cats here... We used Feline Pine for several years, but switched over to Swheat Scoop a few years back after a couple of new additions refused to use the FP. We're just about to convert to a walnut-shell based product (can't remember the brand offhand) - we've used it downstairs, and it's much less dusty than any other we've used, and absorbs odors like crazy. Best stuff we've found so far.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Wow thanks for all the support folks! We have 7 factories around the globe and about 350 employees. Cat litter is mainly produced in North America and wet dog food and other treats produced abroad.
A suggestion for the mechanics here. The 'Oil and Grease Absorbant Clay' sold at parts stores and other mechanic's supply places is none other than the plain old conventional, non clumping cat litter sold at Walmart, Petsmart, SuperPet to name a few. The clumping clay does work but it's only one or two uses from each application. The non-clumping clay will last longer and absorb up to 300% it weight in moisture where as the clumping clay is around 180-225%.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The wife usually alternates between Exquisicat and Tidy Cat. She is an animal lover, so we have 5 cats and 5 dogs. A bit much for me, but then she never questions or complains when I wish to purchase tobacco or a pipe out of our joint account.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Keep 'em coming lol. This is pretty cool to see who uses what.
I know our products are pretty dusty at times even if you have used it in the past why not speak up even if you didn't like it. I know QA gets alot of complaints about the dust and tracking (that's what happens when you use one of the driest substances on/in the Earth) but it's all for our furry family members.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
I use silica kitty litter in my humidors! Lol! We will be getting a cat soon though, you tell me what brand I should be buying!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I use silica kitty litter in my humidors! Lol! We will be getting a cat soon though, you tell me what brand I should be buying!
Any product you feel comfortable using for your felines. Where would you shop for your litter? Wal-mart is Special Kitty or Litter Clean and Sam's Club is Litter Clean. I can't remember which labels go with which stores. Theres too many lol.
Make sure it's not scented crystals lol. Also something everyone should know about when it comes to silica. The dust from silica can cause hardening of the lung tissue and several specific types of cancers and infections in the lungs and other parts of the airway. I can't remember exactly what they are but when I had my orientation they told us that the levels in the plant are around .05ppm (less than one half of a percent for every 1000gal of air volume is what it works out to apparently). Just be wary of using it in and around things you plan to put into your mouth. Silica is toxic to our liver and kidneys if injested in small quantities.
We also have a wet dog and cat food line but that is mainly sold in EU. We do make dog treats at my plant (like milk bone) for private labels such as Compliments, Waggles, VitaLife and I can't remember the others. It's been about a year since I worked in the bakery and they have changed some of the products they run on that side.

Does anyone use those products for their K-9's?

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Make sure it's not scented crystals lol. Also something everyone should know about when it comes to silica. The dust from silica can cause hardening of the lung tissue and several specific types of cancers and infections in the lungs and other parts of the airway. I can't remember exactly what they are but when I had my orientation they told us that the levels in the plant are around .05ppm (less than one half of a percent for every 1000gal of air volume is what it works out to apparently). Just be wary of using it in and around things you plan to put into your mouth. Silica is toxic to our liver and kidneys if injested in small quantities.
Yes, unscented! Lol! And humidity beads for cigars are the same material (silica). Many are marketed as "low dust" litters. Im careful not to rough it up or make a mess with it. I usually stick it in nylon socks, then in a humidifier container.
We will have a walmart and petsmart nearby! I will keep in mind the list of your co's labels.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I don't like the way it clumps up when I add the milk. Although, I must admit, I enjoy the flavor and the crunch lasts through an entire bowl, not like the other cereal products I've tried. I don't know why you guys are feeding it to your cats though.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I don't like the way it clumps up when I add the milk. Although, I must admit, I enjoy the flavor and the crunch lasts through an entire bowl, not like the other cereal products I've tried. I don't know why you guys are feeding it to your cats though.
:rofl:
Oh, wait. I think he was serious.

vamike

Might Stick Around
Jun 2, 2013
Blue Ridge Mountains
Not sure what brand my wife buys. She takes care of the cat. Unknown to us,the cat somehow got in the trunk of the car the other evening when we were unloading groceries. Next morning when I got to work I heard meowmeowmeow emanating from the trunk. Had to drive the damn cat back home. Glad my dogs aren't as curious.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Unknown to us,the cat somehow got in the trunk of the car the other evening when we were unloading groceries. Next morning when I got to work I heard meowmeowmeow emanating from the trunk. Had to drive the damn cat back home. Glad my dogs aren't as curious.
That's funny! I laughed for about 10min at that. I'm still chuckling.. Animals do some dumb sh*t sometimes. Espically cats! Mine likes to hide in drawers and closets. I like to keep these things closed and I close them if they are left open (kids). I closed the linen closet door the other day when I left for work, not knowing my dark grey cat was in a dark closet laying on dark towels sleeping. The wife didn't get home for close to 6hr later. but failed to hear or notice any meowing coming from the closet. I let him out when I got home from work lol..
I say it's their own damn fault! They look and stare at it everytime we open it, they know how it works yet they STILL insist on going in then end up getting trapped! Dumbasses! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.