Who Smokes Tiny Briar Pipes? Resting Them?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

120 Fresh Ropp Pipes
New Cigars
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
9 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mateusbrown

Might Stick Around
Apr 24, 2022
Georgia, USA
I've got a small Peterson (317). The chamber is only big enough to get my little finger in to clean it out. It's my favorite, and it usually gets smoked twice a day, morning and night, no problems. I meticulously dry it out and run a pipe cleaner through the stem and hole at the bowl's bottom after each session and then leave it apart to dry. Apart is anathema for most other pipes, but this is their own recommendation. The metal ring prevents any problems.

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
I know you're suppose to rest your pipes, but I smoke whatever one I want, sometimes for weeks at a time. Haven't damaged one yet. Not suggesting to do that. If I had a 100 dollar pipe, I wouldn't do that. Id rest it a day or to more than you're suppose. Not sure size would matter.

Reactions: PipeIT

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I have a couple of very tiny briars but no pics at the moment. They smoke well and don't need any unique maintenance in my experience.

One of them is one of those tiny little clogs with the rotating stem - so small when folded it could almost fit in the coin pocket of my pants. Nice rustication and smokes well. Lasts as long as a cup of coffee or 2.

The other fits inside a little leather tobacco pouch (smaller than an iPhone) with tobacco and is a wonderful nose-warmer. Travels well, smokes like a big boy.

On a side note, my smallest meer is smaller than the nose-warmer and is my best smoking meer.
Just came across a couple of pics of the "clog" pipe, here's one. And yes, it smokes nicely...

1670862413449.png