Who Owns a Pet With a Bit of an Attitude?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I have a neutered male Basenji who adopted me from the local Humane Society shelter, and the wildness of this dog is not far removed from his primal ancestors in Africa. He can be cuddly, but only on his own terms. These dogs do not bark, but make an eerie howl/yodel when unhappy (whenever he is where I am not) that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Still, I love him.
My previous dog was mostly Basenji...not pure though. I adopted her from the Humane Society in 2001 and she passed in 2014. She could bark, but didn't do it much...she did howl/yodel as that breed does...and I can really relate to what you're saying about the wildness...she was definitely that...and very intense. I'll never forget her...she was really something special.

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
IMG_20230112_194537~2.jpg
This guy needs walks outside, at least three hours out of his cage daily so you he can poop on your shirt, carpet, etc. and he better get his bath every day, and he'll still get grumpy on occasion and bite you, it doesn't matter that your "feathers" are made of puncturable skin. Dogs are easy comparatively. I love them both though, they both lay down, give hand shakes, and speak! My dog has zero attitude, so chill he even looks frozen.