PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
American Pharaoh for the Triple Crown! No, that's a different winner's circle. What a great little mudder he is, though. As for the pipe, what's the stamp otherwise? If it says "Imported Briar," it's likely a U.S. made pipe, for starters. No "Imported Briar," it might have a nation stamp somewhere, on the stem?

jhannafin59

Lurker
Jun 4, 2015
$_1.JPG
$_1.JPG
$_1.JPG
$_1.JPG

jhannafin59

Lurker
Jun 4, 2015
So I posted some photos. It is made in England but I have researched on line and can't find any info.

Is anyone familiar with this Winners Circle brand?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some princes are more handsome than others, and that is a great one, and a Barling at that. Thanks voorhees -- you are a historical scholar of the pipe. jhanna, where did you obtain this fine looking briar? I think it's quite a find, and has long risen above its "second" status.

jhannafin59

Lurker
Jun 4, 2015
It was in an ebay lot of a dozen pipes that I got for a song. It wasn't a prince when I got it though. More like a frog. I had to kiss it for a long time with alot of elbow greese to turn it into the prince you see in the photos.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Aww it was easy. I have learned from various findings here and others that most makers use the same shape number on their sub series pipes. Google is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.