PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Which currant member holds the record for causing the most thread closings and/or removals? I'm not asking about threads in which the mod simply tired of the thread or, the need to monitor the thread. We can count threads which were obviously going to be closed based on the original post or a response which leads to a lock. A rare double will be duly/dully? recognized in a manner to be determined, at a later time, at a gathering of the membership, at a place to be named, which must be acceptable to 91.4 percent of the membership, past and present.
The over/under for the closing of this thread is set at 41 should you wish to wager.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have been booted from MANY forums, I have not had a single thread deleted here.
I am afraid I am losing my edge.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I've only joined two boards, this one and a woodworking one. Woodworkers are more focused that pipe smokers is my observation. But, one can only discuss when to use fine thread screws as opposed to coarse so many times and the threads rarely deviated into nonsense.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I prefer joinery to screws.
Also, there are some seriously dainty people out there in the world. Call somebody a douche and poof, you're gone.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I always thought it was a public service. People need to know these things.
I also approve of poor self esteem. It's natures way of telling you to stop that shit.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Someone calls you a poofter and you're really a douche. There's the rub.
42. But what was the question?
FWIW, I've had a few of my threads closed, but I've never prompted the closing of a thread. I vow to try harder this year.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
If you call someone a douche and they don't know they are a douche, they can get their panties in a bunch.
I always thought it was a public service. People need to know these things.
(ahem) Er..a..Jefff,by the way, er..ehhh, your a :rofl: ....

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I can only think of two or three threads I can be blamed for getting removed. I'm such a lightweight. :crazy:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
OK, so calling somebody a douche doesn't work.
What if I told somebody that "your father was a hamster and your mother smelled of elderberries!"?
Or...
I could start quoting Plato or Ayn Rand, or Mr. Natural for that matter, in Pig Latin, which would constitute a considerable improvement in the level of intellectual discourse.
We have to raise the bar. Just dissing Dunhill doesn't really make it anymore. Nary a panty will bunch.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Nary a panty will bunch.
funny-memes-about-panties-4.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I think Savinellis are the most overrated hunks of kindling ever glued together. And I think that that every overrated stated is obviously underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.