PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Happened over the Thanksgiving Weekend of 2013. I remember because I was going to be out of town and without Internet. I came back to smoking ruins here with people cursing each other and vowing never to come here again. The Mods took a ton of verbal abuse. All of that vitriol got removed, as did a number of regular members, including rothn, fifteen thousand posts, who was probably the most clearly respected member here at that time. He forgot that he didn't own the site, that he was a guest here, like everybody else.
The cause was a political topic that turned into a shit slinging chimp fight. That occasion is why political topics aren't allowed here.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm glad I missed all that. I don't want to be an ostrich with head in sand, but it doesn't bolster morale when the family Thanksgiving at Forums turns into a furniture throwing brawl. So far, I've been Mr. Magoo, missing many of the brawls. sablebrush, thank you for the account of the troubles. I think at a pipe site, sticking to the subject is a good thing ... as we see.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
If I remember correctly it was about the Affordable Care Act. BAM

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Rothnh was the most prolific poster this site ever had. He would answer every newbies question no matter how stupid or no matter how many times it was asked per day. He was a good guy. He came off as a guy who knew everything but in reality there were some of us who knew more, such as myself.
I did not see the shit storm that caused his banning but was told later what happened.
People need to remember that we are guests here, we don't own this site. If you get tossed from this site it is your own fault. I have been on sites like this since 1996 and I have seen people banned at every site I have been on. You have to be a real tool to get tossed, show some respect and you will never have a problem.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I was banned off this site a few years back. I was ripped off by another forum member, I used some choice words towards him, he reported me and I was kicked off this forum. I was allowed to rejoin about 6 months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.