PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

geopiper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Looking for more examples other than the following: Elizabethan, Escudo, Orlik Golden Sliced, PS Bullseye and PS Navy Flake.

thanks.

Reactions: futureman

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Solani 633
Peterson Navy Rolls
Samuel Gawith St James Flake
Curly Block

I am very sensitive to red Virginia and cannot smoke it unless there is only a tiny bit in the blend. I know when a blend has too much as once the smoke hits my tongue it feels like acid and burns like shit right from the get go.

Reactions: FLDRD

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I'm pretty sure there is more to it than just red Virginia, like country of origin, manufacturer, additives, etc, because most of the blends you guys listed have "red" Virginias in them.

Reactions: JimInks

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Unless Red Va has been "aired" out and mellowed, I get very funny things going on. Not allergic reaction, but feels like it's too potent or something. Almost "should I puke?" But once it's settled, it's really good.

Reactions: gamzultovah

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
GL Pease Navigator has no reds that I can taste. It is a Virginia/Kentucky blend with a light run topping that I can't honestly say it is rum, but it does a have a nice sweetness and the Kentucky mellows really well.
I bought 35 tins of the 2012 when it first came out and then another 15 or so a few years later.