Which Tobacco Should I Smoke Tomorrow? (Poll)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Which tobacco should I smoke tomorrow?

• Carter Hall

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Salty Dogs Plug

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • SG Black XX

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 1, 2012
Tomorrow I officially get out of quarantine!!! No, I didn't have the virus, I just had to travel back to India for work. That meant 14 days of trying not to go out of my mind in my apartment. I would have been able to smoke but while I was gone, some workers took down our pigeon netting and my balcony became a nesting place for those dang flying rats. I am not keen on having to wade through pigeon crap just to have a smoke so I was forced to wait it out.

Now that I can go outside, I get to smoke again. So, just for fun, what tobacco should I smoke to celebrate? In case it influences your selection, here's some of the conditions. I hate hot weather and it will be 85F/30C with 50-70% humidity (6:30-7:30 PM-ish). I haven't tried either the Salty Dogs or the SG but am excited about both...and I love CH. I'm not a nic weenie but my tolerance is down due to not being able to smoke much over the last 12 months. For example I had to cut some of my cigar times short as a 2-hour Gordo got to be a bit much in the nic spins department.

Part 2 of this poll (which pipe?) will come along in a little bit.

Reactions: lightmybriar

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You could smoke either 'Salty Dogs' or the good old reliable 'XX'. Whilst I am not overly keen on SD and I have the misfortune to own a bunch of it I would certainly go with the 'XX' cut thin with a reasonable meerschaum. If you want to ease yourself in to the Pigeon crap situation you could always mix in a little Carter Hall to the 'XX' mix. I would be careful of the Pigeon crap if I were you as there was an episode of House dedicated to the health issues those little flying rats cause!

Aug 1, 2012
I would be careful of the Pigeon crap if I were you as there was an episode of House dedicated to the health issues those little flying rats cause!
Thanks for that and I agree. Plus, there's an outbreak of bird flu here right now so they're even more dangerous than usual. So, I'll be paying for a professional cleaning as soon as I can convince the landlord to bring in the contractors to replace the netting.

I'm really tempted by the XX but the Salty Dogs is calling too. It might end up being a small pipe with the XX out in the courtyard downstairs.

Congrats on your impending freedom.

Just go for the SG and risk the nic consequences.... take a chance. ?
Thanks and I might just do that...puffy

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Well, what did you choose? Maybe strangely, Carter Hall is the only one of the three I have not tried. I was not super impressed with Salty Dogs, though it's not a bad smoke. The black ropes are just a bit too much for me in the flavor department. So I probably would have gone with Carter Hall.

Reactions: captainsousie
Aug 1, 2012
Salty dogs in the Barling's was my first one. It was good but I'll have to get to know the tobacco better before I can judge it.

The second one was Carter Hall in a cob. I have never understood that combo like others do. This time it was magical though.