Which Pipe Do You Own That People Will Remember You By?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
After you pass, people start talking about you or your habits, or even picture you from the past. What pipe that you own, do you imagine them thinking about you with, hanging from your teeth?
If it holds out for another 30 years, I imagine it will be my Rossi Apple.
IMG-20190629-103114.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After I pass????? I don't like to dwell on the inevitability. Pipe smoking has become so solitary, I'm not sure people would associate me with a pipe. Most people I know don't know I smoke a pipe. Alas, I lack that gregarious gene. When I'm with people, I learn and notice a lot about them, and may think about 'em for a long time. A gathering or party with good conversation can remain with me for months. So for me, my iconic pipe is probably the churchwarden in the avatar, since that is the one the most people see most often.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
hawky, yup, they'll remember that one.

:rofl:

Definitely one of my more memorable pipes. Although, I do have a lot of Neerup/P. Jeppesen pipes that might stick out some but I would like to think that the Gamboni is the one that people would conjure up when they think of me.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I'm in the same boat as mso. I live by myself and only smoke at home or when in the car on a long drive. So, I'm flying under the piper radar. So to speak.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I'll probably be remembered for my corn cob pipes since that's the pipes I mainly smoke when I'm out and about. I know my family will remember me smoking my Altinok Santa Claus meerschaum pipe during the Christmas holiday. I've already promised my daughter-in-law that she can have the pipe when I pass.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Either my William Conrad Charatan apple or the dublin that was once his.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Although I definitely use my Ashton Pebble Grain Dublin (below) most often, this is the one that obviously gets the most attention when I use it, the Vauen Auenland Eron Churchwarden......So for my wife, probably the Ashton.......for everyone else, likely the refonkulous hobbit pipe......
vauen-pic-600x597.jpg

ashton.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.