PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

WNCLEE28466

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2021
Wallace, NC (near the coast)
Hello. Of the English tobaccos I've never tried, I have 2 in mind: Black House & White Knight. Black house throws me a bit with Cavendish & Perique thrown in. The White Knight is a "true" English, I believe. What do you think of these 2 blends, which one taste more like an English and which one do you prefer? Thanks, LeRoy

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Neither, they both have latakia in them and that alone makes them English blends but you may be interested to know both are available in bulk. Black House is Sutliff Balkan Sobranie 759 Match and White Knight is Balkan Sobranie Original Match. The black cavendish is unflavored and only there to give body to the smoke.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Black House is a clone of Balkan Sobranie 759 and White Knight is a clone of Balkan Sobranie Original Smoking mixture. Years ago I spent a couple of days comparing White Knight and Germain's version of Balkan Sobranie to some 1983 Balkan Sobranie with which I have been gifted. White Knight won hands down.
My taste for English/Balkan blends has waned considerably, so I no longer smoke these blends, but both White Knight and Black House were good blends at the time.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Hello. Of the English tobaccos I've never tried, I have 2 in mind: Black House & White Knight. Black house throws me a bit with Cavendish & Perique thrown in. The White Knight is a "true" English, I believe. What do you think of these 2 blends, which one taste more like an English and which one do you prefer? Thanks, LeRoy

Try both